22-23 Red Wings Prospects Threads

slothfacekilla

The flipside to that was that he also tended to maintain control of the puck versus getting knocked off the puck/ or was able to find holes to skate through... we'll see how that fares in the NHL when he gets his chance up there... most likely next year though, not this year.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2023/04/being-drafted-by-red-wings-was-huge-boost-to-career-of-flint-firebirds-amadeus-lombardi.html?outputType=amp

“I do video with them once a month, which helps so much. They know what they’re talking about. I think that was a big part of me developing throughout the year.

It also sounds like Draper watches him in person a lot.  Another year of development will do wonders for kids at this age especially when they're 19 in the OHL, but jumping from 59 points in 67 games last season to 102 points in 67 games this season is pretty impressive.  I'm really excited to see where he goes from here.

29 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2023/04/being-drafted-by-red-wings-was-huge-boost-to-career-of-flint-firebirds-amadeus-lombardi.html?outputType=amp

It also sounds like Draper watches him in person a lot.  Another year of development will do wonders for kids at this age especially when they're 19 in the OHL, but jumping from 59 points in 67 games last season to 102 points in 67 games this season is pretty impressive.  I'm really excited to see where he goes from here.

lombardi looks like he could be a player.  just like mazur.

A cheer for my (former) hometown Sarnia Sting who advanced to the 2nd round of the OHL playoffs with a Game 6 OT win yesterday. All five of the players on one of the goals have been drafted, albeit none by the Wings.

Del Mastro 4th round 2021 by Chicago. Kyrou 2nd round 2022 by Dallas. Pastujov 3rd round 2021 by Anaheim. Del Bel Belluz 2nd round 2022 by Columbus. Voit 5th round 2021 by Toronto.