22-23 Red Wings Prospects Threads

slothfacekilla

wings ranked 4th in wheeler's prospect series.  up from 7th last year.

edvinsson

kasper

cossa

berggren

mazur

wallinder

soderblum

buchelnikov

johannson

buium

dower nilson

niederbach

sebrango

hanas

has the tiers as 1-2, 3-8, 9-15.

i think the tiers are about right and the rankings are about right too.  although i would drop niederbach and put lombardi in there.

• Like 1

Cossa's partner in Toledo..former Spartan John Lethemon ...has been insanely good at Toledo this year.  14-1-3 record. 2.13 GAA with a .924 save%.  He's 26...probably not an NHL prospect at this point, but he's certainly earned a look in the AHL

Edited by Shinzaki

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard much from James this season but these are nice shots. 

"He's playing with confidence," UND coach Brad Berry said. "We all know he has NHL elite speed, right? At the end of the day, as a freshman coming in here, sometimes, it's a little overwhelming just getting acclimated to the game, knowing how much time you have when you have the puck on your tape. Sometimes, the game overwhelms a young guy a little bit, because it's so tight-checking in our league.

"But now he knows when to chip a puck. He knows when to hang onto a puck. Man, he's a threat off the rush going around defenders. Now he's starting to play with confidence."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting way too excited for this kid

On 3/6/2023 at 11:12 AM, Shinzaki said:

Kirill Tyutyayev is having a great year down there at Toledo with 45 pts (8 goals but 37 assists) in 30 games.  Would love to see him get another shot in GR

Agreed, I would also love for the Wings to get him in a serious offseason weight training program, I've read that he still looks pretty small out there.

On 3/8/2023 at 12:44 PM, slothfacekilla said:

I'm getting way too excited for this kid

Agreed, I would also love for the Wings to get him in a serious offseason weight training program, I've read that he still looks pretty small out there.

Much too small imo.

5 hours ago, Cruzer1 said:

Much too small imo.

Going to have to disagree with that and it feels like an odd label to give him. he plays a mean, grinding game against men at age 18 at 6'1'' and still hasn't been in a full NHL strength and conditioning program.  He's basically Larkin's size minus 10 pounds right now...  He was honestly touted as a "power" type forward coming out, Pronman's scouting report on him:

Kasper was easy to spot even in SHL games because of how powerful an athlete he is. He would often be the guy to wind it up in his own end to carry the puck due to his great speed and skill. Kasper has a strong 6-foot-1 frame, isn’t afraid to attack the hard areas, and can win some battles versus men as a 17-year-old. Kasper attacks with speed and skill, and while he can pull up to make a play or use his hard shot, his direct style of play will translate to the NHL. He projects as a quality top two line center

Feels like a bizarre judgment to make but maybe it is just me