22-23 Red Wings Prospects Threads

slothfacekilla

3 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

I have to say I really enjoy the OHL announcer's enthusiasm, it sounds like he's losing his mind every time there's a goal scored.

I've listened to a fair amount of OHL games the past week, there have been some really good series. I went to school with the Sarnia radio announcer and he recently called his 1,500th OHL game. I was recently in Saskatchewan so followed that series, listened to it last night. Crowds really into it of course. Has a March Madness college basketball vibe to it, but as if early round games were played on campus. CHL playoff games are also available to a watch, for a fee. Am going to look into that now that the Wings are wrapping up and the Sting are into the 2nd round. 

• Like 1

We have a lot of young talent on hand and in the pipeline...we also have two 1st round picks this year AND next and we have three consecutive 2nd round picks this year in the upper third of the round.  we have five of the first 43 picks this year.

Stevie has a chance to either build  powerhouse system with some higher risk picks...or make some trades to land a scoring wing and a RH 2nd pairing Dman

I don't want to tease people by posting here and have them come looking for a Red Wings prospect update, only to disappoint.  Having said that, junior hockey probably isn't worth its own thread but I'm eating up these spring playoffs and this is probably the closest thread for another exciting highlight. Sarnia's buzzing, man, up 2-0 in the 2nd round. Trying to get over the hump and keep going into the OHL conference finals for the first time ever if they can close out Saginaw.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

An absolute boatload, is there a rumor he's available?

no, but his name comes up when they talk about the kind of player the wings need.  scoring winger and in his prime.

if winnipeg loses in 5, do they look to rebuild?  shed some salary?  how about the isles pick and edvinnson?  enough to get it done?

1 hour ago, buddha said:

no, but his name comes up when they talk about the kind of player the wings need.  scoring winger and in his prime.

if winnipeg loses in 5, do they look to rebuild?  shed some salary?  how about the isles pick and edvinnson?  enough to get it done?

Respectable offer, but I don't think that would be enough. Connor is on a pretty favourable long-term contract.

I feel like it might take even more honestly, Connor is only a $7.1 million cap hit for the next 3 seasons which is a steal for a point per game player.  A couple first round picks, edvinsson, third round pick, maybe someone like Veleno to give them another cheap roster player with some utility (PK).  I could see them trying to find a taker for Ehlers or Scheifle maybe?  I am not sure what happens with PLD too, does he finally make his way to Montreal somehow?  The Jets are going to be interesting.