22-23 Red Wings Prospects Threads

slothfacekilla

• 2 weeks later...

Large post time!

Haven't thought of this guy in a while, apparently he is looking okay as a defensive defenseman in Finland but man what a bust:

This gave Mazur 8 goals in 7 games, I think he's up to 10 goals now:

https://denverpioneers.com/news/2022/11/1/du-pioneers-hockey-carter-mazur-named-nchc-october-player-of-the-month

In Grand Rapids Beggren is back healthy and he scored.  Edvinsson seems to be doing well, 6 points in 6 games.  Brattstrom just got sent to Toledo.

Wallinder has really developed, he looks comfortable running the power play up top:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://detroithockeynow.com/2023/01/09/should-red-wings-fans-be-concerned-about-the-yzerplan/

Duff apparently hasn't caught on that Raymond has been on fire since December 1, but otherwise, I get some of his points.

Not sure if spots on world juniors teams are the best indicator, sometimes it comes to timing and country depth, but I'd rather have more than less. Still, the Wings had 9 last year, so let's not overreact.

And there was one. One Detroit Red Wings prospect in the recently-completed IIHF World Junior Championship. Forward Red Savage of the NCAA Miami Redhawks, a 2021 Detroit draftee, won a bronze medal with the USA. A year after a record nine Red Wings draft picks were skating in the tournament, Savage was alone on the world junior stage in terms of representing Detroit’s future. And that should definitely be cause for concern.

Screenshot (1002).png

Edited by lordstanley