22-23 Red Wings Prospects Threads

slothfacekilla

Meh, I'm not concerned about the WJC especially after the weird covid tournament before this.  Our best prospects stayed home by choice to play in men's leagues so I don't see how that is anything but a positive in the context of the WJC.  Even with Sweden cutting LDN (honestly still shocked about that he was a former captain for them, their federation seems like a mess at the junior level) the Wings have a couple players in Anton Johansson and Maximilian Kilpinen who should step in for Sweden next tournament.

Lets do some prospect videos for old time's sake

Wallinder really has been playing in all situations, his development is very exciting

I would like one or both in Detroit next season if possible.

• Thanks 2

Before this season I would have let Walman walk/trade him this season but I honestly love how he's been playing...

I love the lineup Buddha posted but I wouldn't be shocked if yzerman wanted to resign Maatta, for some reason I keep expecting it.

18 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I don't think they bring Edvinsson up to Detroit unless he's playing top 4. Just a guess.

I would agree I think, I would love them to get him some sheltered minutes though.  If he keeps up his strong play that he's done recently in the AHL for the rest of this season, I think it would be good for him.

27 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Before this season I would have let Walman walk/trade him this season but I honestly love how he's been playing...

Agree. Dmen I'm most willing to lose are Osterle and Chairot. Walman made a great play the other night where he skated down a breakaway. He ended up getting a penalty on a terrible call when the guy blew a skate blade and crashed, (they actually showed the trainers working on the skate on the bench but the officials didn't reverse the tripping call....surprise) but in any case it was impressive speed by Walman-no one on the team but maybe Larkin would have been close. Recently he seems to me to be showing more of those good wheels that he's supposed to be known for. 

2 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

I love the lineup Buddha posted but I wouldn't be shocked if yzerman wanted to resign Maatta, for some reason I keep expecting it.

I would agree I think, I would love them to get him some sheltered minutes though.  If he keeps up his strong play that he's done recently in the AHL for the rest of this season, I think it would be good for him.

has he been playing better?  that would be good news.

pronman - after listing wallinder in the 100s of top prospects - lists him and mazur in his column today on fast rising prospects.

William Wallinder, LHD, Detroit

Wallinder has been excellent in the SHL this season, as the 20-year-old has been one of the top players for Rogle. As a 6-foot-4 defenseman who can skate quite well for his size and is showing a lot of offense this season, you can one day envision Wallinder in an NHL top four. His defending and physicality could use some improvement, but he’s not deficient as a defender. The tools he has distinguish him as a pro prospect, especially with the level of skill and playmaking he’s showing right now.

Carter Mazur, RW, Detroit

Mazur’s significant upward trend of development over the last few years has carried into this season, where he’s been one of the very best players in college hockey. His skating and compete level have always been positives in his game, but the level of offense he’s showing right now is quite significant compared to a few seasons ago. Mazur can shoot the puck, has good hands and offensive sense to go with his speed and direct style of play. He’s looking like someone who could be a top six winger in the NHL one day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

If he's not in Det on March 4 I'm going to be deeply disappointed.   😠

I'm fine with that...

But I think it's going to require a move, and...

Noone will want Hagg.

I think the Chiarot signing was a mistake. I'd like to move him but I don't see that as a realistic possibility.

I don't want to move Maatta... but I think he's the guy that teams will want and SY will be able to make a trade... if he wants to...

I'd prefer to dump Chiarot... but didn't we sign him to 3 years...? Ugggh.

chariot was signed to provide toughness and he's done that.  this team got physically pushed around last year and there has been less of that this year.  he still has big issues as a defenseman, but he's served some good.

i watched edvinsson tonight.  he's very big and very smooth.  cant teach that.  not sure if that will translate at the nhl level because he still makes a lot of mistakes.  young, time will tell.

11 hours ago, buddha said:

wheeler is ranking team's prospect pools this month.  he's at #5 (blackhawks) and hasnt gotten to the wings yet.

so their system is still pretty well regarded.  last year they were #7.

Kasper, Edvinsson, Wallinder...they've all taken steps fwd this year.