10/01/2022 6:10 EDT Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers

casimir

So today Anibal Sanchez, Drew Smyly and Max Scherzer all started games, tomorrow Robbie Ray is starting and I believe JV is as well. Just crazy to think 5 of our pitchers from our glory years almost 10 years ago are still pitching in the majors when you consider the attrition rate of starting pitchers.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

So today Anibal Sanchez, Drew Smyly and Max Scherzer all started games, tomorrow Robbie Ray is starting and I believe JV is as well. Just crazy to think 5 of our pitchers from our glory years almost 10 years ago are still pitching in the majors when you consider the attrition rate of starting pitchers.  

That is astounding.

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

also a measure how dumb the Tigers have been with their roster.

3 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

Bill Buckner in RF for the Twins tonight.

I understand that he had a long career and guys that have long careers are slower at the end than at the beginning.  But I’m of the age that recalls Buckner for that little ground ball in the World Series.  It’s illogically astounding to me that he was athletic enough to be the LF when Hank Aaron hit #715.

• Like 1