Biden's presidency

ewsieg

38 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I would guess that even if Biden had not given the Venezuelans permits to work, there would still be millions of them wanting to escape that hellhole to come to the biggest, most beautiful country with the best economy and the brightest future for their children on the planet.

And there would be employers willing to pay the under the table for jobs Americans don't want to do. 

59 minutes ago, pfife said:

I love immigrants and also immigration.

Ultra MAGA boostrap pulling business owner capitalist:  "I can't find workers.  Nobody wants to work.  People are lazy. I invested 500K of my own hard earned money and can't stay open"

Same ultra MAGA bootstrap pulling busines owner capitalist:  "Why are we letting in these immigratns to take away real American jobs?"

15 minutes ago, pfife said:

Theu dont.

https://abc7ny.com/nyc-migrants-asylum-seekers-new-york-city/13829853/

"Adams moves to exclude migrants from city's 'right to shelter' law"

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/07/nyregion/adams-migrants-destroy-nyc.html

"Migrant crisis will 'destroy' New York City."

DC and Chicago both have reshipped migrants out of their town. 

Seems like it's not a problem, when it's not their problem.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

FYI Immigrants have been in cities for decades, not sure you're aware because your argument clearly assumes they havent.

Very true, which is why I wonder why all these Democrats are hating them now.  

And note, you can love immigrants, agree that immigration is good and needed, and still believe we have a problem with immigration.

6 minutes ago, pfife said:

Per your prior message you said it's a problem, and then you posted their quotes.   It doesn't seem like you're wondering at all honestly. 

I'm pointing out that the party as a whole has basically downplayed the issue.  When forced to pay attention to it, Biden put Harris on it, which pretty much confirms he didn't care dealing with it.  

Fast forward a few years and the stress of so many immigrants in a short time has many of these big city mayors recognizing there may be an issue.   My comment about 'wondering why they hate them now' was sarcastic.  If a republican even mentioned changing laws to make it tougher on immigrants they would be raked over the coals and proof on how horrible the GOP is.

What I truly do wonder about this issue and how the Biden administration is handling it is if they have the same view as you, essentially a 'who cares how much is sucks for folks, we love immigrants.  As such, it's better to have folks deal with the pain of uncontrolled immigration rather than try and control it but possibly prevent some folks that want to come from coming'.

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

I would guess that even if Biden had not given the Venezuelans permits to work, there would still be millions of them wanting to escape that hellhole to come to the biggest, most beautiful country with the best economy and the brightest future for their children on the planet.

AOC had it right the other day. When you do shotgun economic sanctions against a Western Hemisphere country, you are doing a self-own in terms of solving your immigration issues.

The immigration issue has been going on for over 500 years. If the Powhatan Indians had been stricter on immigration maybe the country would be in much better shape today. Imagine letting the trash of England ruin the country.

You could say the same about the Spanish scum in what is now Florida and Mexico. Not to mention that trash from France and Portugal.

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Thanks 2

The same people who complain about immigration are the same folks who complain that they can't get reservations at restaurants, have to endure self service checkout, can't find someone to clean their house on a regular basis.....

Yet they're willing to forgive tax breaks for the people who have more $$$$ the majority of the country.

23 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

The same people who complain about immigration are the same folks who complain that they can't get reservations at restaurants, have to endure self service checkout, can't find someone to clean their house on a regular basis.....

Yet they're willing to forgive tax breaks for the people who have more $$$$ the majority of the country.

I didn't know complaining about reservations was a partisan issue.  In terms of self service, it's my liberal friends that have told me I shouldn't use it as it's giving the corporations more money and allowing them to hire less workers.  

14 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I didn't know complaining about reservations was a partisan issue.  In terms of self service, it's my liberal friends that have told me I shouldn't use it as it's giving the corporations more money and allowing them to hire less workers.  

You haven't scanned Nextdoor recently, have you. In fact not scanning it is probably a good thing.

BTW, i'll use the self checkout if I only have a couple of items. Since I avoid places like Walmart and the Meijer stores do not exist where I live I have no problem waiting in line. In fact I get to read a lot of trashy magazines for free

Edited by CMRivdogs

27 minutes ago, oblong said:

It was in reference to Eagle Pass getting 4000 migrants a day.

Why can't we build entry points like Ellis Island today?

I'm not following you.  Are you suggesting that any and every person who comes to the border should automatically be processed to become a legal resident?  

2 minutes ago, MIguy said:

I'm not following you.  Are you suggesting that any and every person who comes to the border should automatically be processed to become a legal resident?  

We were able to do this before before technology and instant communication and computers.   We can figure something out. We need these people. 

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

This sentiment gets shared almost daily by my right wingers on social media. 

IMG_4373.jpeg

1 minute ago, oblong said:

We were able to do this before before technology and instant communication and computers.   We can figure something out. We need these people. 

I would agree that we need to fix our immigration system and that we certainly have room to increase the numbers when it comes to making people citizens, but it seems that you're essentially advocating for open borders.   If the USA decided it was going to let everyone who showed up at the border in to stay, there would literally be a billion people flooding into the country from all over the world.