Biden's presidency

ewsieg

Unemployment 3.5%.   Under 4% for 17 months in a row. 

12 million new jobs created.   Never done in a four-year term

A boom in the manufacturing and infrastructure sector.  Something that not only helps the economy but makes us safer overall.   

Growth is up and continues,  outpacing all predictions, and this is coming form conservative economic media. 

Inflation has gone down 12 months in a row.  We now have the LOWEST inflation of any G7 country and the high inflation was not his fault (nor was it Trump's), it was a worldwide issue because of the pandemic. 

Real wages are up. 

GOD DAMMIT, DEMOCRATS, YOU NEED TO BE CHAMPIOINING THIS GUY INSTEAD OF BITCHING ABOUT NOT GETTING EVERYTHING YOU WANT IMMEDIATELY ALL THE TIME.   

Sure, Gramps is old.  Probably needs a nap.    Studies have shown that taking a midday nap INCREASES overall productivity and helps the brain reset.............AT ANY AGE.

Sure, he stumbles over words at times.  He's done this since he's been in public office over 4 decades, this is nothing new

He's not colorful.  He doesn't tweet in all caps.  He doesn't go around calling everyone names all the time.  He doesn't sulk when someone doesn't like him.   He calls a political opponent when they have a medical episode to ask if they're alright,  not to poke fun at them for having a crisis.   

He's boring.    He's surgical.  

GIVE ME BORING EVERY.SINGLE.DAY 

He's done a GREAT JOB.      

(but what about those drag queens...........).

JOE IN '24,  BIG GRETCH IN '28 !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, pfife said:

some of those sales numbers are shocking

One of my prescriptions runs me $600+ after copay. The first month is about $6500. It's still considered experimental and can only be prescribed thru a speciality pharmacy. Fortunately it seems to be effective, we think...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Got to pay for those tv ads.  Madison Avenue don't come cheap.   

This fact, annoys me so much! Why do we have to have all of this advertising for drugs, new drugs?? In the ad always has the verbiage that suggest you tell your doctor you want this drug. WTF! This for sure is why some of these prices are out of control.

I know it has nothing to do with this particular argument, the other thing that really annoys me is the names of these new drugs. Who the hell has this job that comes up with these names? I don’t know why I have this visceral reaction to these ads, but it’s like nails on a chalkboard. It just really aggravates me. 

Wow. This is such an “I’m old and cranky… get off my lawn” post.  Oh, well. 
I yam what I yam. 👵

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

This fact, annoys me so much! Why do we have to have all of this advertising for drugs, new drugs?? In the ad always has the verbiage that suggest you tell your doctor you want this drug. WTF! This for sure is why some of these prices are out of control.

I know it has nothing to do with this particular argument, the other thing that really annoys me is the names of these new drugs. Who the hell has this job that comes up with these names? I don’t know why I have this visceral reaction to these ads, but it’s like nails on a chalkboard. It just really aggravates me. 

I yam what I yam. 👵

Somethings just come down to quality of life issues. If advertising for drugs, gambling and lawyers would all go away again, my quality of life would definitely improve.

• Like 2

Whatever happened to the Republican bill to repeal the drug price negotiation provisions contained in the Inflation Reduction Act?  Guess they finally realized that would be political suicide.   Could also be that they're just sitting back and waiting for all the lawsuits by the drug companies to play out.  

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

Whoever paid not cheap for that total crap Jardiance dancing commercial should be fired 

lol.  I hate this one the most, but I got to say that my sister and I , whenever we see each other,  we do a really bad Jardiance dance. And then we laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

One of my prescriptions runs me $600+ after copay. The first month is about $6500. It's still considered experimental and can only be prescribed thru a speciality pharmacy. Fortunately it seems to be effective, we think...

Pharmaceutical companies know that people will overpay for medication that works or even appears to work.  This is a problem.   

There are lots of thing wrong with the Ontario medical system, and that moron premier of ours is deliberately making it worse.  Having said that, my wife pays $4.11 for each prescription (drugs are covered if you are over 65) and she just had cataract surgery on both eyes for $640 (had to pay for the lenses and the measurement test).

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

There are lots of thing wrong with the Ontario medical system, and that moron premier of ours is deliberately making it worse.  Having said that, my wife pays $4.11 for each prescription (drugs are covered if you are over 65) and she just had cataract surgery on both eyes for $640 (had to pay for the lenses and the measurement test).

But would you trade your total system of healthcare for our for profit system of healthcare?

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Somethings just come down to quality of life issues. If advertising for drugs, gambling and lawyers would all go away again, my quality of life would definitely improve.

As of February 2024, there will be no more athletes or other celebrities in gambling ads in Ontario.  Up your ass Gretzky.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oblong said:

He wouldn’t be doing that if Wally were still alive would he?

Walter would have kicked his ass all over that backyard skating rink, he would have been horrified at the notion that Wayne didn't have enough money yet and needed to shill for bookies.  He was a legendary fundraiser and community volunteer, and all these years after his death he still has a reserved parking space at Brantford Arena, that's how much they think of him.  Wayne is a tremendous disappointment. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smr-nj said:

I yam what I yam. 👵

Remember when drug ads were not allowed on TV? That was before 1985. Boy, those were the days, weren’t they?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like one of the biggest Achilles heel Biden has is the immigration/border issue and it's been a rough few weeks with even Adams out of NYC publicly complaining about the Feds.

What has he done?  He just gave roughly 500k Venezuelians permits to work, which relieves local and state governments as they can support themselves, but that could signal a green light to folks still in Venezuela or Venezualian folks that have already migrated to other countries to come here.

Adams, while complaining publicly about the Fed, did still play the democratic narrative that we only have an issue because of people like Abbott bussing folks up to him.  This week it finally hits MSM that we have a program allowing folks to fly directly to their city of choice.  Considering Adams is complaining about 110+ migrants in his city and Abbott has only sent 8k, i'm guessing Adams might want to turn his attention to Biden on that as well.

Even though it's something I think Biden can be attacked on, I guess i'm not sure if this would affect votes....