Biden's presidency

ewsieg

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

No, same thing. Republicans eliminated it and now only need a simple majority. They did this so they could push through Gorsuch.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/10/01/fact-check-gop-ended-senate-filibuster-supreme-court-nominees/3573369001/

Agreed.  I was thinking it was Harry Reid who used the nuclear option to lower the vote threshold.  Reid did for appointments but not for the SCOTUS.  McConnell lowered the threshold to a simple majority for the SCOTUS.  However, the way the Senate is now and how politics are being played there would never be another Justice appointed if they relied on a 60 vote majority.

8 minutes ago, Archie said:

... Open borders and the largest spending bill ever will help that destruction along.

We don't have open borders right now.

Bald-faced LIE.

Largest spending bill...?

Or are we talking about the $8 Trillion in debt that TRUMP added to our deficit? In FOUR YEARS!!! And MOST of that was from his tax cuts.

Edited by 1984Echoes

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

We don't have open borders right now.

Bald-faced LIE.

Largest spending bill...?

Or are we talking about the $8 Trillion in debt that TRUMP added to our deficit? In FOUR YEARS!!! And MOST of that was from his tax cuts.

Mayorcas admitted that most of the Haitians that showed up to the border were admitted and released in the US.  Only a few were sent back.  We have the closest thing to an open border we ever had.  Trump did a great job with borders, or the best he could having to fight off democrat lawsuits every time he tried to secure the borders.

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Nope. Not correct.

And Trump was an asshole on the border. That's not a great job. It's contemptible.

I've got your politics now Archie Bunker. I understand you.

You always make me laugh.  Thank you.  By the way my middle name is Archie so that's where it comes from.  I hope you are not taking this personally but I think you are.  This is just good political banter.  Have fun with it because me, you and everyone else here aren't going to change anything.

1 minute ago, Archie said:

Did you get that from the ever unbiased CNN or MSNBC 😁

I definitely didn't get it from the political HACKS at Fox or OAN or Newsmax.

PS: I don't watch TV hardly at all. So I've seen almost nothing of CNN or MNBC for the past 25 years.

But if I want honest news, and not a stream of right wing liars, say, on 9-11... I go to CNN and Anderson Cooper, et al.

48 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

s for Trump, he inherited a decent economy and for the most part, didn't screw it up to bad.  As for Covid, can't think of too many countries that escaped a harsh economic hit, regardless if they were perceived to be successful against Covid or not.  

Trump literally has the worst job numbers of any president in the past 100 years.   I'm not sure what qualifies as "screw it up to bad" if that doesn't.

26 minutes ago, Archie said:

Trump didn't handle covid well especially the communication part.  I don't think the results would have been different no matter who was POTUS but we will never know.  Don't forget under Trump there was the fast track of a vaccine.  The same vaccine that's being mandated to most that Harris said she wouldn't touch because it came from the Trump administration.

I totally think the results could have been different.   Other presidents have done way better jobs with pandemics in the past. 

What I take personally are:

Liars.

Fascism.

Racists.

The overthrow of American Democracy or, the Constitution of the United States.

The current state of the Republican Party is a loser on all of those counts. I am taking this personally starting in 2016. Before that, not so much. And it will stay personal until the destruction of the current Fascist Republican Party of America. And that's not all Trump. After they are defeated politically, maybe things can go back to normal.

But I grew up reading extensively about WW II and the Holocaust. I am F'ing enraged what this country has turned into at the hands of white trash racists. The Republicans can take their violent fascism and shove it up their asses.

So yes, I'm taking it personal for a little while longer.

FYI.

27 minutes ago, Archie said:

How right you are.  Its happening as we sit here and wait for the Tigers to play.  Open borders and the largest spending bill ever will help that destruction along.

it's actually not even 1/2 as much as we spend on the military.   Why would you call it the largest spending bill when at 350b per year, it's not even 1/2 as much as the annual 700b+ military spending?   We spend twice as much on the military every year.

Edited by pfife

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

Trump literally has the worst job numbers of any president in the past 100 years.   I'm not sure what qualifies as "screw it up to bad" if that doesn't.

He also was the only president in the last 100 years to deal with a global pandemic that was so bad, that not only did we see massive shut downs by economies all over the world, we even saw the NCAA choose the welfare of their athletes over money.  Yes, that bad.

20 minutes ago, Archie said:

Obama was the worst in handling racism, hatred and violence.  Trump did a better job with sentencing issues and not coddling criminals.

what specifically did Trump do with sentencing issues and not coddling criminals?  Dude pardoned a bunch of criminals in his orbit, he was definitely coddling them.

9 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

He also was the only president in the last 100 years to deal with a global pandemic that was so bad, that not only did we see massive shut downs by economies all over the world, we even saw the NCAA choose the welfare of their athletes over money.  Yes, that bad.

yeah it's weird that with all of that, which everyone can clearly see, he repeatedly chose bad policy and made it oh so much worse.  That's a huge portion of why his job numbers were so crappy.  For instance, how much better would we have been if he ENCOURAGED Covid testing instead of DISCOURAGED covid testing?   

What's actually hilarious is that most of his actions were at the disregard of public health, and solely for the economy, and perhaps even specifically the stock market.  And he still f'd it up bad.   

I guess if you want to defend him you can, but that's weird given it's obvious he sucked.  I guess he's super rad if he inherits a good economy then never has to deal with any adversity.   

And I haven't even gotten to how he repeatedly pressured Jerome Powell, oftentimes successfully, to keep using the Fed to pump money into the economy even while he was out there claiming it was the greatest economy in the history of ever, pre-Covid era.   Guess what that does?  It's called inflation.  I hear conservatives don't like inflation these days.   

Edited by pfife