Biden's presidency

ewsieg

29 minutes ago, Archie said:

The US dropped out of WHO and the PCA for good reason.  WHO helped China cover up covid and all they want in the PCA is our money.  If you want to believe these things are good that Biden has done you are either misinformed or clinging to false hope that your political party is succeeding.  Sorry but you haven't provided anything BIden has done good yet.   I'll keep waiting🙂

They didn't drop out of the WHO for good reasons. 

16 hours ago, pfife said:

For instance, how much better would we have been if he ENCOURAGED Covid testing instead of DISCOURAGED covid testing?   

Over the little motownsports downtime our household had a situation where we needed testing.  I incorrectly assumed, mostly based on the belief that Biden was handling this issue now, that it wouldn't be a problem.  No over the counter tests are available, 3-5 day response on a PCR test.  My daughter lost at least 2 additional days of school because of a lack of testing.  She lost an additional day because I was confident I could find an over the counter test that our pediatrician said to use. This is not to say Biden is handling this pandemic worse than Trump, but I do wonder how much better we might be right now and going into this fall if Biden was still pushing, and putting resources into, testing.

16 hours ago, pfife said:

I guess if you want to defend him you can, but that's weird given it's obvious he sucked.  I guess he's super rad if he inherits a good economy then never has to deal with any adversity.   

This is what gets annoying about me pointing out that you can't look at a specific statistic alone.  If I put a poll up asking if presidents get too much credit for a good economy, and too much flack for a bad one, I'm confident that most, if not all, would agree to that.  That's all i'm saying with a job growth number.  

16 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Obama had higher job growth in his last three years than Donald Trump's best year so Trump was worse on the economy even before COVID.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/07/obamas-last-three-years-of-job-growth-all-beat-trumps-best-year/?sh=52c191d76ba6

We also had record unemployment under Trump.  It's tough to create new jobs when you can't find people to work them.  To my theme though, I would gather the record unemployment was a long time in the making and Obama should receive credit for that too.  

15 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around how a president who claimed COVID was a hoax was better at handling it? Canada didn't have nearly as many cases and deaths per capita because Trudeau didn't believe it would just go away like a miracle by Easter. 

I don't believe I ever said Trump was better at handling it.  My point is that on average, pick any stat(s) you feel is/are the best to determine how a country handled Covid, and i'm going to be able to point to massive and in most cases, record job losses.  

If Trudeau faced re-election at the same time as trump last year, there is a good chance he may have lost.  he than would have had 3 million job losses hanging over his head while the conservative person that won would have had the benefit of the 2.7 gain that Canada has already seen come back.

4 hours ago, Archie said:

The US dropped out of WHO and the PCA for good reason.  WHO helped China cover up covid and all they want in the PCA is our money.  If you want to believe these things are good that Biden has done you are either misinformed or clinging to false hope that your political party is succeeding.  Sorry but you haven't provided anything BIden has done good yet.   I'll keep waiting🙂

Moving Goalpost GIF - Moving Goalpost Argument GIFs

48 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

... We also had record unemployment under Trump. ...To my theme though, I would gather the record unemployment was a long time in the making and Obama should receive credit for that too....

Yeah.

The high point of unemployment under Bush's Great Recession was about 10% I believe, hitting Obama in his first year. From there, during Obama's Presidency unemployment dropped from that 10% to 4.2%, before he handed it over to Trump. So, yeah, he gets credit.

Oh, Trump reduced that from 4.2% to 3.5%, so he gets a little bit of credit too. Although, he did NOT change Obama's trendline from pre-2017, so... all he was really doing was riding Obama's coattails.

Which everyone knows.

4 hours ago, Archie said:

Sorry but you haven't provided anything BIden has done good yet.   I'll keep waiting🙂

Oversaw a very successful vaccine distribution rollout.

Bipartisan Covid relief bill.

He got us out of Afghanistan.  Even as some generals subtly blasted him this week by stating they advised to keep troops in, which Biden somewhat deserved for lying to us, they also pointed out Biden was right about the war, we lost, we needed to accept it, get out, and get on with life.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Oh, Trump reduced that from 4.2% to 3.5%, so he gets a little bit of credit too. Although, he did NOT change Obama's trendline from pre-2017, so... all he was really doing was riding Obama's coattails.

Which everyone knows.

We can agree on that, just like how Clinton get a little bit of credit too for his job numbers, but we all know he was riding H-dubs coattails from last year of his term.

I see several comments on who to blame for covid.  In the early onset of the pandemic nobody knew much about it or had the testing capability to identify it.  I don't think too many people realized it would blow up to what we've seen the past year and half.   Why would anyone think a country like the US didn't have the technology to control a disease.  We had other threats that were averted so why won't this one be?

Did Trump blow it?  He didn't do everything right but he did get more ventilators and paved the way for the vaccine as well as other things.  His communication was terrible especially at the beginning but I think he thought what many people did and that in a month or two it would be under control.  After it was evident we were in trouble he did fight with blue state Governors and favor red states at times.  How is that different than what the Biden Admin (I will call it the Biden Administration because Joe doesn't have the mental capacity to steer the ship) is doing when he is withholding covid treatment from red states and sending to blue states?

Fauci is supposed to be the subject matter expert but he has contradicted himself so many time he has no credibility left.  Now the virus, the vaccine, the treatments and masks have become political weapons.  This isn't how to battle a pandemic. This is how you play political games.   You can say the Biden Admin has done this or that but really they have done no more than Trump and probably less.  Biden Admin is just as guilty about playing politics with the virus as anyone.  Don't forget how they also condemned the vaccine and said they wouldn't take it if it came from the Trump Administration.  Now they want to require people to get that same vaccine....go figure.

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

I see several comments on who to blame for covid.  In the early onset of the pandemic nobody knew much about it or had the testing capability to identify it.  I don't think too many people realized it would blow up to what we've seen the past year and half.   Why would anyone think a country like the US didn't have the technology to control a disease.  We had other threats that were averted so why won't this one be?

Did Trump blow it?  He didn't do everything right but he did get more ventilators and paved the way for the vaccine as well as other things.  His communication was terrible especially at the beginning but I think he thought what many people did and that in a month or two it would be under control.  After it was evident we were in trouble he did fight with blue state Governors and favor red states at times.  How is that different than what the Biden Admin (I will call it the Biden Administration because Joe doesn't have the mental capacity to steer the ship) is doing when he is withholding covid treatment from red states and sending to blue states?

Fauci is supposed to be the subject matter expert but he has contradicted himself so many time he has no credibility left.  Now the virus, the vaccine, the treatments and masks have become political weapons.  This isn't how to battle a pandemic. This is how you play political games.   You can say the Biden Admin has done this or that but really they have done no more than Trump and probably less.  Biden Admin is just as guilty about playing politics with the virus as anyone.  Don't forget how they also condemned the vaccine and said they wouldn't take it if it came from the Trump Administration.  Now they want to require people to get that same vaccine....go figure.

I remember when you were saying this was no big deal and it was preventing you from being able to buy 409. Trump said it was a hoax, said it was just like the flu, said it would miraculously disappear and said it would be gone by Easter. 

The Biden administration isn't withholding anything from red states. I mean, Alabama is using COVID relief funds for prisons. 

I like how Trump gets credit for the very vaccine he tells his followers not to take. 

They said they wouldn't take it if Trump approved. They said they would take it if the scientists said it was ok to take. 

12 minutes ago, Archie said:

How is that different than what the Biden Admin (I will call it the Biden Administration because Joe doesn't have the mental capacity to steer the ship) is doing when he is withholding covid treatment from red states and sending to blue states?

Please elaborate <insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme>

12 minutes ago, Archie said:

Fauci is supposed to be the subject matter expert but he has contradicted himself so many time he has no credibility left. 

Fauci has been very careful not to jump to conclusions, some of that has appeared to make it look like he has contradicted himself.  Some folks in the media have made sure to use certain cuts to emphasize this.

I do think he's managed to get the majority of the media on his side.  I suspect in time, especially if this is traced back to the lab in Wuhan, there will be some eye opening information down the road.  That doesn't mean he's not an expert nor that we shouldn't be listening to him in how to deal with this.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I remember when you were saying this was no big deal and it was preventing you from being able to buy 409. Trump said it was a hoax, said it was just like the flu, said it would miraculously disappear and said it would be gone by Easter. 

The Biden administration isn't withholding anything from red states. I mean, Alabama is using COVID relief funds for prisons. 

I like how Trump gets credit for the very vaccine he tells his followers not to take. 

They said they wouldn't take it if Trump approved. They said they would take it if the scientists said it was ok to take. 

When did I ever say it was no big deal or anything about 409? It more like I complained about the price of 409 since the Biden inflation plan has increased prices across the board.

Trump never said it was a hoax.  That was something the democrats started and the media jumped on since they are part of the democrat PR system.  You are believing a proven democrat lie.

Several states have called out the Biden administration for rationing Regeneron while other democrat friendly states have gotten it.

I've never heard Trump say not to get the vaccine.  Why would he pave the way for it and then tell people not to take it?  The Democrats are the ones that said not to take it and now have changed their mind to force people to get it and wear a mask at the same time.  What's the point of getting the vaccine if you still have to wear mask?  More people might get the vaccine if the promoted that masks would no longer be needed.

23 minutes ago, Archie said:

When did I ever say it was no big deal or anything about 409? It more like I complained about the price of 409 since the Biden inflation plan has increased prices across the board.

Trump never said it was a hoax.  That was something the democrats started and the media jumped on since they are part of the democrat PR system.  You are believing a proven democrat lie.

Several states have called out the Biden administration for rationing Regeneron while other democrat friendly states have gotten it.

I've never heard Trump say not to get the vaccine.  Why would he pave the way for it and then tell people not to take it?  The Democrats are the ones that said not to take it and now have changed their mind to force people to get it and wear a mask at the same time.  What's the point of getting the vaccine if you still have to wear mask?  More people might get the vaccine if the promoted that masks would no longer be needed.

We know who you are. You complained about not getting 409 at the beginning of the pandemic and said it was overblown. 

Donald Trump said coronavirus was the Democrats new hoax. He compared it to the common flu, said it would disappear miraculously, and that it would be gone by Easter. These are all things he's recorded as saying. 

There is no state in the country where the vaccine is not available. Can't help it if red states double down on Trump's guidance and refuse mask mandates and dabble in anti-vaxx conspiracies.  Democrats did not say they would not take the vaccine. They raised concerns with the rollout of the vaccine under Trump.  PolitiFact | Biden, Harris distrusted Trump with COVID-19 vaccines, not the vaccines themselves

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

We know who you are. You complained about not getting 409 at the beginning of the pandemic and said it was overblown. 

Donald Trump said coronavirus was the Democrats new hoax. He compared it to the common flu, said it would disappear miraculously, and that it would be gone by Easter. These are all things he's recorded as saying. 

There is no state in the country where the vaccine is not available. Can't help it if red states double down on Trump's guidance and refuse mask mandates and dabble in anti-vaxx conspiracies.  Democrats did not say they would not take the vaccine. They raised concerns with the rollout of the vaccine under Trump.  PolitiFact | Biden, Harris distrusted Trump with COVID-19 vaccines, not the vaccines themselves

I don't know who you think I am but seriously you have me mixed up with someone else.  I've only been a member here for a couple weeks and wasn't a member of the old forum.  

I never said anything about the vaccine not being available.  Read my post and you will see that. Here is a link to hoax hoax.

Have a good day.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

5 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Over the little motownsports downtime our household had a situation where we needed testing.  I incorrectly assumed, mostly based on the belief that Biden was handling this issue now, that it wouldn't be a problem.  No over the counter tests are available, 3-5 day response on a PCR test.  My daughter lost at least 2 additional days of school because of a lack of testing.  She lost an additional day because I was confident I could find an over the counter test that our pediatrician said to use. This is not to say Biden is handling this pandemic worse than Trump, but I do wonder how much better we might be right now and going into this fall if Biden was still pushing, and putting resources into, testing.

This is what gets annoying about me pointing out that you can't look at a specific statistic alone.  If I put a poll up asking if presidents get too much credit for a good economy, and too much flack for a bad one, I'm confident that most, if not all, would agree to that.  That's all i'm saying with a job growth number.  

My experience with testing is exactly the opposite.  I have about 40 instant tests from the health department at my house.  For comparison, I had 0 instant tests at my house when the guy you're choosing to defend was presidon't.

It was trumps standard to give trump credit for trump's economy, not mine.  He did it for 3 years, then he memory holed the last year and continued to brag about the economy before he trashed it.   

Edited by pfife

32 minutes ago, pfife said:

I provided more than a dozen good things Biden's done.  you may want to get your internets checked

He's dog-tied to Trump so he only pants for his master.

Any one who is not Trump yanking on his leash and he barks furiously, mindlessly, incorrectly, at all the other nice people.

Don't feel sad for him, he doesn't know any better. It's why he enjoys playing in all the bullshit so much. He loves it!

4 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

He's dog-tied to Trump so he only pants for his master.

Any one who is not Trump yanking on his leash and he barks furiously, mindlessly, incorrectly, at all the other nice people.

Don't feel sad for him, he doesn't know any better. It's why he enjoys playing in all the bullshit so much. He loves it!

Are you 12 years old?  It doesn't take a genius to see the destruction that is going on in our country because of the Biden Administration.  What's the greatest threat to our democracy?  Is it China, Russia or the Middle East?  Nope its the democrat party that's destroying this country from the inside.  If you read what I have posted instead blindly spewing liberal BS you would have seen I don't want Donald Trump to run again.  I enjoy discussing politics and exchanging banter with people that are educated and knowledgeable.  However, comments like you have above show you are neither or you need to grow up.

Good day!