Biden's presidency

ewsieg

15 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Trump lost 4 million jobs, 600,000 people died, murders increased, added about 8 trillion in debt., those are some facts I wouldn't be proud of. Surprised people actually voted for more of that. 

Before covid our economy was booming and had the lowest unemployment in decades.  Then covid hit and unemployment skyrocketed. A lot of that was due to democrat governors closing states down. Look what Michigan and California were like.  Then they were basically paying people not to work.

Hundred of thousands died because of covid and more dying today. Trump didn't handle it well but the results may have been the same under any president.  At least Trump got several vaccines.  We also don't know if that would have happen under another President.

Democrats in part are responsile for some of that  debt.  Remember when Trump didn't want to sign a spending bill but the democrat House refused to budge?  Would it been better to shut the government down?

As for murders what has that got to do with Trump?  There's areas that are going to be bad and bad people cause violence. Trump supported police unlike a lot of democrats that actually want to stop finding them.  Now with Biden's open border plan we are letting in all kinds of people that are unvetted and they're being shipped around the country. That won't help matters.

The people that actually voted for that could see the truth.  Your comparisons are apples and oranges.  

12 minutes ago, Archie said:

Before covid......

You said a few days ago that covid was the same under Biden as it was under Trump, but now you use covid as an excuse for Trump when his numbers were way worse than Bidens.  If it's the same like you said it was, why were Trump's numbers so much more dog terrible?

Weird use of "just facts".  

Edited by pfife

19 minutes ago, pfife said:

You said a few days ago that covid was the same under Biden as it was under Trump, but now you use covid as an excuse for Trump when his numbers were way worse than Bidens.  If it's the same like you said it was, why were Trump's numbers so much more dog terrible?

Weird use of "just 

The economy and unemployment under Trump -before covid- were great.  Now covid isn't any better with record number of cases in some states. However, states are not closed down and people are no longer getting paid not to work so some things are improving.  Inflation is now a major problem for Biden.  He doesn't have an answer for that.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

The economy and unemployment under Trump -before covid- were great.  Now covid isn't any better with record number of cases in some states. However, states are not closed down and people are no longer getting paid not to work so some things are improving.  Inflation is now a major problem for Biden.  He doesn't have an answer for that.

OK but if covid is the same, like you said, why did trump suck and biden didn't on jobs and deaths? 

1 hour ago, pfife said:

OK but if covid is the same, like you said, why did trump suck and biden didn't on jobs and deaths? 

Trump had to deal with covid at the onset when not as much was known and treatment and equipment were not available.  Now 70% of the country has received the vaccination and they have found some drugs that worked.  Biden hasn't done much other than try to mandate the vaccine and force people to wear masks in federal buildings and transportation.  

Who knows if masks work or not. I assume they provide at least a little protection but most people don't wear them anymore. Although you shouldn't have to if you've been vaccinated.

32 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Biden wouldn't have won without pissed off republicans like myself.   That's what stings the nutters who love Trump so much they would lick a covid infected doornobs for him.

That's why we need someone else to run and not Trump.

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

Just got a text from some bullshit outfit linked to the Youngkin/Trump/Putin campaign telling me that i should be worried about all the increase in crime.    

I responded: Trump got away with a lot of crimes

That ranks right up there with YoungOne’s claim that people are leaving the state in droves.

Looking at all the building here and along the I95 corridor I think most of the loss is in dark red areas where they don’t wasn’t any “foreigners” or halfbacks anyway.

2 hours ago, Archie said:

Trump had to deal with covid at the onset when not as much was known and treatment and equipment were not available.  Now 70% of the country has received the vaccination and they have found some drugs that worked.  Biden hasn't done much other than try to mandate the vaccine and force people to wear masks in federal buildings and transportation.  

Who knows if masks work or not. I assume they provide at least a little protection but most people don't wear them anymore. Although you shouldn't have to if you've been vaccinated.

So when you said covid was the same now, you were wrong?

46 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

That ranks right up there with YoungOne’s claim that people are leaving the state in droves.

Looking at all the building here and along the I95 corridor I think most of the loss is in dark red areas where they don’t wasn’t any “foreigners” or halfbacks anyway.

I was the big fan of the Young Ones

p02f408r.jpg

1 hour ago, Archie said:

What do you mean?  Covid has spiked since the start. Most of the country is coming off a spike now that was worse than ever in some states.

what do you mean?  You just gave a bunch of reasons why covid was different, now you're giving reasons why it's the same.  

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

what do you mean?  You just gave a bunch of reasons why covid was different, now you're giving reasons why it's the same.  

The big difference is nothing is locked down now and thing are returning to normal.  The vaccines are helping that.  The fact that the lockdowns have ended are what has helped the jobs to return. The virus is still present in the country and bad at times in some places.  The recent spike was the worst ever in some places.  Is that clear enough? 

59 minutes ago, Archie said:

The big difference is nothing is locked down now and thing are returning to normal.  The vaccines are helping that.  The fact that the lockdowns have ended are what has helped the jobs to return. The virus is still present in the country and bad at times in some places.  The recent spike was the worst ever in some places.  Is that clear enough? 

yeah it's clear to me that now you're back to saying covid isn't as bad as it was before which is different than saying it's the same as it was which is what you said before.   

You got caught already.  Saying contradictory things within days of one another just to try to win internet fights.  You can just admit it.  We both know why you won't though.

Edited by pfife

8 hours ago, pfife said:

I'm not sure if it's reading or comprehension you are having a problem with.  If you think Trump was behind the long lockdowns in some states you are very uninformed.  The states with the long lock downs had democrat governors like MI and CA.  When those states closed businesses guess what???  Unemployment increased!

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I'm not sure if it's reading or comprehension you are having a problem with.  If you think Trump was behind the long lockdowns in some states you are very uninformed.  The states with the long lock downs had democrat governors like MI and CA.  When those states closed businesses guess what???  Unemployment increased!

I'll let you take up your issues with Foreign Policy dot com with Foreign Policy dot com.  I'm sorry that you don't like what they wrote.

Edited by pfife

16 minutes ago, pfife said:

I'll let you take up your issues with Foreign Policy dot com with Foreign Policy dot com.  I'm sorry that you don't like what they wrote.

If you don't know what's happened over the last year and a half you are very uninformed, not paying attention, blinded by your alligance to your political party or most likely,  All of the above.