Biden's presidency

ewsieg

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

I never care about the country of origin of anything I buy.  It's usually not a straightforward answer anyway.  I just buy the best product which fits my budget.  Isn't that how the free market is supposed to work?  

The argument is whether the market actually captures cost accurately or fairly or even 'justly.' Obviously books have been written arguing all this stuff backward and forward, but suffice it to say that 'the free market' is an intellectual idealization that exists exactly nowhere, so any any real world argument that invokes it is immediately suspect....:classic_tongue:

Edited by gehringer_2

19 hours ago, oblong said:

I always snicker when I see right wingers play up the “made in USA” mantra because it’s their adherence to what they perceive as capitalism and focus on market returns is why we import so much cheap stuff....

This pisses me off as well.

"Buy American" doesn't solve anything, especially our highest-in-the-world labor costs.

I have an idea... how about these dunces start asking the correct question: "Where are the next high-paying jobs for blue collar workers in America." It's certainly not at Wal-Mart, McDonalds, or the coal industry. But they don't have the intelligence to look forward and see past their cultural grievances...

Forget what China has taken. How about focusing on: Solar panel installation, both residentially and commercially; EV manufacturing, EV Battery system manufacturing, national roll-out of charging stations, national infrastructure, manufacturing for the public-private Space Industry, manufacturing for the Military-Industrial complex, long-needed affordable housing build-out, etc..."

I don't really think Biden or anyone caused the vaccinations to get to 200 million or 5 million jobs added.  They have been promoting the vaccine so that may have helped but its the population trying to stay healthy from covid.  The jobs being added is a sign we are returning from the pandemic which the vaccine has helped.  Its not like anyone has created jobs.  There's still many job openings because fewer people want to work.

Wages increasing most likely has to do with a shortage of people willing to work.  Business has had to increase wages to try to get people off the couch where they have been collecting free money.

As for the market, who knows but I'm making good money so at this point I don't care!

9 minutes ago, Archie said:

I don't really think Biden or anyone caused the vaccinations to get to 200 million or 5 million jobs added.  They have been promoting the vaccine so that may have helped but its the population trying to stay healthy from covid.  The jobs being added is a sign we are returning from the pandemic which the vaccine has helped.  Its not like anyone has created jobs.  There's still many job openings because fewer people want to work.

Wages increasing most likely has to do with a shortage of people willing to work.  Business has had to increase wages to try to get people off the couch where they have been collecting free money.

As for the market, who knows but I'm making good money so at this point I don't care!

This is the trolliest troll post maybe ever. 😂

3 hours ago, Archie said:

I mostly agree with you. I don't think presidents really have much to do with the economy and the market has been great for a dozen years under three presidents.  We give way too much credit and blame to presidents for things that have little or nothing to do with them.  I agree with you on the vaccine too.  People are getting the vaccine because companies have made them available and they want to stay healthy.  If Trump were still president, they would still would have gotten the vaccines and the same ignorant people would have avoided them.  

Trump would of course have give himself 100% credit for everything over and over again and every day there would be a new scandal followed by more self promotion.  And his cult would have believed every word.  I am actually glad Biden is not loved so much and we can concentrate more on the issues.    

Edited by Tiger337

11 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I mostly agree with you. I don't think presidents really have much to do with the economy and the market has been great for a dozen years under three presidents.  We give way too much credit and blame to presidents for things that have little or nothing to do with them.  I agree with you on the vaccine too.  People are getting the vaccine because companies have made them available and they want to stay healthy.  If Trump were still president, they would still would have gotten the vaccines and the same ignorant people would have avoided them.  

Trump would of course have give himself 100% credit for everything over and over again and every day there would be a new scandal followed by more self promotion.  And his cult would have believed every word.  I am actually glad Biden is not loved so much and we can concentrate more on the issues.    

Trump declined hundred million dosages of the vaccine.  Biden did the exact opposite, 5 times.  You think that has no impact on vaccinations?

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/trump-administration-passed-chance-lock-more-pfizer-vaccine-doses-n1250357

Edited by pfife

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

Trump declined hundred million dosages of the vaccine.  Biden did the exact opposite, 5 times.  You think that has no impact on vaccinations?

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/trump-administration-passed-chance-lock-more-pfizer-vaccine-doses-n1250357

Trump would have put on a show for his cult, then he would have "changed his mind" and accepted the vaccines.  He would have blamed the Dems for the slowness of the roll out and given himself credit for saving the country and his cult would have believed all of it.  

Didn’t they also go back and revise the Aug and Sept numbers?

Any one else have those social media friends who claim to be non partisan yet couldn’t stop posting about the market gains when Trump was POtUs and just saying things like “hey… it is what it is.” Yet they’ve been silent the last few months?  I have 4 of them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Archie said:

You're cracking me up

Speaking of cracks, Joe Biden's going to be repairing them in the roads and bridges with his shiny new bipartisan infrastructure bill. Joe's certainly got more done than the hot air that was always leaking out of your boys mouth about infrastructure weeks during his 4 years. Maybe Biden put some money in the bipartisan bill to fix the leaks.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, oblong said:

Didn’t they also go back and revise the Aug and Sept numbers?

Any one else have those social media friends who claim to be non partisan yet couldn’t stop posting about the market gains when Trump was POtUs and just saying things like “hey… it is what it is.” Yet they’ve been silent the last few months?  I have 4 of them. 

They're all railing about inflation now.   But weren't when trumps fed reserve was pouring trillions into an economy that Trump bragged was the greatest ever 🤔 

23 minutes ago, pfife said:

They're all railing about inflation now.   But weren't when trumps fed reserve was pouring trillions into an economy that Trump bragged was the greatest ever 🤔 

And they show us photos of empty shelves from when Trump was president as proof that Biden is worse. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I think Biden should write a book about the success he had here. Maybe call it The Art of the Deal II: I Actually Got a Deal Done.

and the authorship would just be... "Brandon"

i'm imagining a really bad photoshop of trumps book cover now

Edited by pfife