Week Eight: Miami Dolphins (4-3) @ Detroit Lions (1-5)

MichiganCardinal

8 hours ago, Stanley70 said:

I think how god awful of team they inherited matters, and no cap room to fix it. There are 5 guys I believe that played yesterday on defense left from the QuinTricia regime. And only Okudah is a decent player. AO is literally the worst corner and he is starting over Will Harris. Bryant and J Okwara  are bottom of the roster guys. They have only had 2 off seasons to turn over the entire defense basically. They have made some mistakes, Brockers being the big one. You can also question their lack of efforts into doing anything to improve the secondary. They have made 4 day one or day to picks on the d-line and only Melanfonwu in the secondary and none at LB. .

Having said that I am not sold on Glenn. The defense did get some pieces this year and they don't seem to be doing much better. His job is probably on the line if they don't do better on defense. The offense i believe will be above average, even with Goff, if they can ever get healthy. Which may not happen with a few guys.

I think Campbell and Holmes deserve another offseason. They have made some mistakes but have had a ton of bad luck as well with injuries. It looks like they will have some cap room when they restructure Goff and cut a few guys like Brockers and Romeo. Plus they have a ton of draft capital.

It's the Lions. They'll be given 4 or 5 more seasons. Especially if they stumble into the playoffs some season.

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

... PARTICULARLY on the coaching. 

yeah - I think this is the point that's significant. No it doesn't matter to wins and losses per se when you score your points in a game, but in football it's the teams that make adjustements and finish strong that tend to win the most games. It's an indication that your guys pushing the buttons are a step ahead of the other guys, and that your players are wearing down the other players and not vice versa, and that's what you want/need.

20 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

A team with actual talent. Keep in mind the Lions started this season with the second youngest roster in the league.  This is an inexperienced team that's playing a lot of fringe talent.

I'm going to duck for cover after saying this, but the New York Giants have the 5th youngest roster and the Atlanta Falcons the 6th youngest roster.