2024 Presidential Election Thread

oblong

8 hours ago, ben9753 said:

Unfortunately she’d have no qualms about doing whatever Trump wants. She’d shit on the Constitution itself of Trump told her to. 

Remember Omarosa carrying water for Trump?  She proclaimed that people would have to bow down to Trump.  How did that work out for her?  Kari Lake comes from a very similar opportunistic paper-thin recency of support for the RW extremism. 

12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That's what I don't get...........the Trump people blasting Biden as old when Trump is, what, 3 1/2 years younger?   So Trump will be older in 2024 than Biden was in 2020..........and even though Biden does have some blithering moments, he had that back in the 80's.     Trump is all-blither - turned up to 11 - all the fucking time.   

Trump is also orders of magnitude less coherent than Biden, mostly because he doesn't understand anything about policy.

But the fact that he flings so much feces around kinda distracts from that basic fact imo

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

lol

The fact that I think Hutchinson is relatively decent compared to an average Republican these days suggests he's not going to have much of a constituency in a primary.

Precisely.  When I see a GOP Pol and I think "I'd be ok with that I think...." I realize that's a lost cause.  

6 hours ago, mtutiger said:

lol

The fact that I think Hutchinson is relatively decent compared to an average Republican these days suggests he's not going to have much of a constituency in a primary.

I think the only way a Non-Trumpist has a chance is if trump himself gets pissed off and takes his football home.

IE: DeSantis starts at 35% and Trump starts at 12%. Trump's supporters are starting to flock to the next big thing. trump gets mad, quits the primary, and says he is starting a Make America Great Again 3rd party. He steals at least some of MAGA out of the Republican primaries, opening up the field to any and all types of conservative candidates.

I think that's the only hope a moderate/ centrist conservative has... including Pence and Hutch...

But I also think it's not a great chance for them because even if Trump did run off like that, DeSantis or who ever had grabbed enough of a lead to piss off Trump would already have the momentum towards the nomination...

The sooner Trump takes his football home and leaves the primary game... the bigger the chance for the field to open.

Just my 2 cents.