Jump to content

Can anyone tell me the significance of this?


Recommended Posts

Not sure of the significance but I know I was at this game cause that is my little brother's 21st birthday and I remember we spent a day downtown at the casino and the Tigers to celebrate.  Trying to remember specifically what happened in that game and I can't. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not sure of the significance but I know I was at this game cause that is my little brother's 21st birthday and I remember we spent a day downtown at the casino and the Tigers to celebrate.  Trying to remember specifically what happened in that game and I can't. 

Loss.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 According to baseball reference there was a double header. Tigers won the first 2-1. Sean Douglas got the start and got the win Farnsworth the save. Farnsworth was traded about a week later (7/31) for Ramon Colon and Zach Minor.

Twins won the second game 5-3 Verlander got the start and took the loss. 

The day before the game the Tigers picked up IF John McDonald in a conditional deal. He was sold back to Toronto in November

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, this is from his first home start. It was also the first game both of my daughters got to attend. We were in the upper deck third base side. As I explained the foul poles and the warning track to them, some of the people who were part of the PAWS team, saw me pointing and explaining various parts of the field to my kiddos, and asked if we would like to be Tiger Fans of the game. We were elated when they put us behind home plate. Both of my girls are still Tigers fans to this day. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Warning Track Power said:

Yes, this is from his first home start. It was also the first game both of my daughters got to attend. We were in the upper deck third base side. As I explained the foul poles and the warning track to them, some of the people who were part of the PAWS team, saw me pointing and explaining various parts of the field to my kiddos, and asked if we would like to be Tiger Fans of the game. We were elated when they put us behind home plate. Both of my girls are still Tigers fans to this day. 

That's a cool story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I miss physical tickets. I love the convenience of only needing my phone but if you fork down the money upfront for a package you should get physical reminders too.  I heard of some NFL teams going back to giving tickets. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oblong said:

I miss physical tickets. I love the convenience of only needing my phone but if you fork down the money upfront for a package you should get physical reminders too.  I heard of some NFL teams going back to giving tickets. 

Plus those physical tickets can turn into keepsakes for people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2022 at 8:33 AM, oblong said:

I miss physical tickets. I love the convenience of only needing my phone but if you fork down the money upfront for a package you should get physical reminders too.  I heard of some NFL teams going back to giving tickets. 

agree..... print outs of a computer screen suck for framing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      191
    • Most Online
      119

    Newest Member
    Gozer
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...