The 118th United States Congress

mtutiger

21 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

That headline is totally not representative of what happened. At all.

Saw the video (all three plus minutes). I respectfully allow my post be stricken from the official record.

But MTG is still a 13 year old at heart.

14 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Saw the video (all three plus minutes). I respectfully allow my post be stricken from the official record.

But MTG is still a 13 year old at heart.

Very insulting to thirteen-year-olds. 😏

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Crockett's response was no more mature.  LOL 

although she did have the sophistication to frame it as a hypothetical. The real bad guy here is Comer - who is no better than a carny barker with the whole preceding and wouldn't know decorum or want or know how to enforce if it slapped him upside the head.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

although she did have the sophistication to frame it as a hypothetical. The real bad guy here is Comer - who is no better than a carny barker with the whole preceding and wouldn't know decorum or want or know how to enforce if it slapped him upside the head.

She is smarter (the bar is low) but it's hard to call someone sophisticaled when use the term "butch"  

It was absolutely trading barbs, but it wasn't equal either.  Ridiculous that they allow MTG to get away with her comments, funniest part is the chairman didn't even realize the sarcasm that Crocket used.  

Screw term limits, what about a law that you can't run for congress (or president) if you're over 65 on your first day.

15 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

She is smarter (the bar is low) but it's hard to call someone sophisticaled when use the term "butch"  

Not the best thing to say, but.... and hear me out......have you seen MTG?

• Haha 1

Crockett did hide it in a more sophisticated hypothetical, but even without that it was an acceptable level of raising the stakes, and Greene did open the door to the whole thing by being indecorous in the first place. I don’t know if they’re smart enough or deep enough to strategize aforethought, like, “I’ll just mention a minor thing, they’ll go over the line in their response, and then they’ll get blamed for the whole thing”, but that did appear to be the goal here, and it did work for their side.

I’m as close to 100% certain as I can be that had Greene not called out the physical appearance of Crockett, Crockett would not have called out Greene’s appearance at all. In this new age of playground insults in politics, I don’t blame Crockett at all for not just grinning and bearing it. I say, good for her.

I am mainly annoyed that when the media is reporting the story, they seem to want to concentrate on MTG and AOC.
AOC merely pointed out that MTG was out of order and that the comments should be stricken. MTG then elevated it to another nasty little round of comments….With the chick from the Bronx more or less letting her know that perhaps it might be a mistake to play with her. (🙂 that was amusing)

44 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I am mainly annoyed that when the media is reporting the story, they seem to want to concentrate on MTG and AOC.
AOC merely pointed out that MTG was out of order and that the comments should be stricken. MTG then elevated it to another nasty little round of comments….With the chick from the Bronx more or less letting her know that perhaps it might be a mistake to play with her. (🙂 that was amusing)

AOC was appropriate in her comments.  People here are defending Crocket because she is a Democrat, but her comments were cheap and crude.  I mean it it was humorous, but I'm not going to defend it as appropriate.  

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

I’m not going to fault someone for punching back. There’s no victory anymore in taking the high road. 

Actually didn't AOC call MTG "baby girl", that's a pretty good slam, though maybe not in MTGs exurban neck of the woods.

59 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Actually didn't AOC call MTG "baby girl", that's a pretty good slam, though maybe not in MTGs exurban neck of the woods.

adjustment

Actually didn't AOC call MTG "baby girl", that's a pretty good slam, though maybe not in MTGs exurban REDneck of the woods.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I couldn’t tell who was Crocket and who was AOC in the dialogue off camera. 

4 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

AOC was appropriate in her comments.  People here are defending Crocket because she is a Democrat, but her comments were cheap and crude.  I mean it it was humorous, but I'm not going to defend it as appropriate.  

Yeah that’s the reason why people are defending her. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yeah that’s the reason why people are defending her. 

I believe that is a big part of the reason.  She deserved some kind of response, but butch is a derogatory term.  If a Republican used it against an unattractive Democrat, Democrats would be all over it.    

Edited by Tiger337

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

adjustment

Actually didn't AOC call MTG "baby girl", that's a pretty good slam, though maybe not in MTGs exurban REDneck of the woods.

I thought the comment was appropriate because MTG was acting like a little girl.  It's not the same as attacking someone's appearance.  It might be viewed as offensive by a redneck but only because Blacks and Latnias aren't supposed to talk to a white girl that way.

6 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

You must be talking about someone else, because I know you’re not talking about me.

48 minutes ago, chasfh said:

You must be talking about someone else, because I know you’re not talking about me.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.  I just think, in general, this forum is very supportive of Democrats.  

24 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.  I just think, in general, this forum is very supportive of Democrats.  

We've had a few sane repubs convert and few of the more out there repubs leave - so you get what's left...🤷‍♀️

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

We've had a few sane repubs convert and few of the more out there repubs leave - so you get what's left...🤷‍♀️

I think it is near imposible for any intelligent person to support the current Republican party.  However, I am not impressed by politicians in general and that includes Democrats.  

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I think it is near imposible for any intelligent person to support the current Republican party.  However, I am not impressed by politicians in general and that includes Democrats.  

I will come back again to the campaign money issue. You've always had venal, self-flating, ambitious people run for office, but when they had to do it by actually working for their their district, it keep them pinned tighter to doing useful public service. But with the way money and politics and corporate PAC support works now, you get the same venal, self-inflating, ambitious people, and all they have to do is appeal to Rupert Murdoch or Charles Koch or whoever is willing to write a 7 figure check. (you used to be able to put unions in the list on the other side, but they just don't have near the clout they used to). That sort of removes the brakes on the taxi of state.

Edited by gehringer_2

15 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I was the only one who gave what could be fairly characterized as a defense of Crockett, although I thought I positioned it more as a general defense of someone in her position, and I certainly didn’t mention anything about her party.