Pistons Offseason - 2023

Deleterious

4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Duren and Ivey both make ROY 2nd team.  JEIII says that 5 Pistons have now made the team under Weaver.

That's the good news, the bad news is that none of them to this point have gotten any better after. 

Both are very good players and I expect them to get even better. Kind of surprised Ivey didn't get into 1st team over Mathurin tbh.

1 hour ago, Fat Bastard said:

Both are very good players and I expect them to get even better. Kind of surprised Ivey didn't get into 1st team over Mathurin tbh.

Yeah I thought Ivey was better over the course of the season but Ben got all to the much better start and when it comes to rookie awards I think that matters alot particularly when you play on garbage teams that the media doesn't really pay attention to. It's like the first impressions are what they remember when the voting comes around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I am fine punishing guys like Ivey that put up stats on garbage efficiency.  One of the big reasons I had Williams as ROY over Paolo.  Well, that and Williams plays excellent defense as well.  

Yeah, but in Ivey’s defense, he very rarely played in non garbage time.

49 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I am fine punishing guys like Ivey that put up stats on garbage efficiency.  One of the big reasons I had Williams as ROY over Paolo.  Well, that and Williams plays excellent defense as well.  

Giving props for playing good defense.  Ok Boomer

5 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Weaver won’t spend his money on free agents. He’ll do some sort of trade for most of that cap space. He seems to dislike free agency and despises restricted free agents. 

jerami grant is out there.  signing him would not surprise me.

4 hours ago, buddha said:

jerami grant is out there.  signing him would not surprise me.

Looking at the free agent list, he'd actually be one of the better signings. I'd certainly take him over Kuzma, Green, or Barnes. Problem is, he's going to cost you about 27M a year.

I wonder what BKN is going to do. Are they going to try to go forward with a capped out middle of the pack team or blow it up and rebuild while they wait for Simmons contract to come off the books? If they want to rebuild, then I'm coming after Bridges. Give them Scoot when we land #2, Bogie (cap space & tank commander), #31, and some salary filler like Bagley. I know it's a dream that'll never happen, but he's the perfect player to slot in with a Cade/Ivey/Duren starting unit.

• 4 weeks later...

All of that stuff is fun and definitely carries you through part of July, but then it's a long 2 months of wild speculation, over-hyped workout videos, and feel-good stories about Bey's mountain hikes and Killian's reworked jumper before preseason actually starts.