MAP PR0N!

chasfh

I've had the idea before to start a thread in which people could post interesting maps of all types that they come across, but just never got around to it until now. So here is that thread. I'll start it out with a few posts and let's see if this thread gets any traction.

Why place the thread in the political forum? Because I suspect that when certain maps get posted, a political discussion/debate/fight might ensue, so better to segregate the map thread from the genteel parts of the forum now than have to move it later. But maps are, almost by definition, political anyway, so might as well just acknowledge the potential for such spirited discourse upfront.

“Big Six” sports teams in the U.S. and Canada by media market

64qn3dwp7hba1.png 

You may notice the Nashville Predators are missing. Not sure of anyone else is.

EDIT: Reviewing it in a little more depth, the thing that surprises me the most is the realization that London, ONT is a top 60 media market!

Edited by chasfh

54 minutes ago, chasfh said:

“Big Six” sports teams in the U.S. and Canada by media market

64qn3dwp7hba1.png 

You may notice the Nashville Predators are missing. Not sure of anyone else is.

EDIT: Reviewing it in a little more depth, the thing that surprises me the most is the realization that London, ONT is a top 60 media market!

I don't care that much but Detroit doesn't have an MLS team?  With all the soccer played in the Detroit metro...huh.

Just now, romad1 said:

I don't care that much but Detroit doesn't have an MLS team?  With all the soccer played in the Detroit metro...huh.

Especially with all the recent immigrants to Detroit from soccer-loving countries, which, now that I think of it, is vast majority of them.

20221124-010215.jpg

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Especially with all the recent immigrants to Detroit from soccer-loving countries, which, now that I think of it, is vast majority of them.

20221124-010215.jpg

Drove by Rod Carew Stadium in Panama last week.  Not as big as Comerica but a swell sight for my baseball loving eyes.

• Like 2