MAP PR0N!

chasfh

30 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I would also conjecture most of the above mentioned are probably Navy Pilots.

My brother in law was a Navy pilot and he still can't drive a car correctly.  He's one of those assholes that happens not to be in a f-150 though.

13 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

My brother in law was a Navy pilot and he still can't drive a car correctly.  He's one of those assholes that happens not to be in a f-150 though.

I guess I really shouldn't put all the blame on Navy pilots, there's an Air Force Base nearby as well...

It's something about making the transition from a jet fighter to being restricted to merely driving 70 MPH..

19 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I guess I really shouldn't put all the blame on Navy pilots, there's an Air Force Base nearby as well...

It's something about making the transition from a jet fighter to being restricted to merely driving 70 MPH..

Ha, He doesn't even have that excuse, he flew P-3's before being a training pilot in another prop plane.  He just sucks at driving.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I also had no idea there was this ZIP code-like system to international calling codes.

https://i.redd.it/xq5z7f4oxmya1.png

We're #1!!!

I routinely call Mexico and the UK so the 52 and 44 are ingrained in me.... I never bothered to learn that it was simply a 1 that they used to call me.  I figured they knew how to do it. "9,0,11,44...." is as familiar to me as my ATM PIN.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

I used to joke I could get as much into the back of my Prius as most people could in an unsecured pick up

Same here with my Honda Fit.  I used to have a Chrysler minivan in which you could carry 4 * 8 sheets of drywall.  You can't do that in a 150, not even close.

5 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Same here with my Honda Fit.  I used to have a Chrysler minivan in which you could carry 4 * 8 sheets of drywall.  You can't do that in a 150, not even close.

I've been cutting back one dimension at a time. First the B body GM wagon that carried the 4x8 with the gate closed. Then the short minivan that carried it with the door open, to the SUV that still has 48" wide but is so short I have to put 2x4s under a sheet of walllboard so the end sticking out doesn't break. But when this SUV goes I will be out of the 48" carting life. Any wall board in the future is going to be delivered.

Edited by gehringer_2

Click the link to get to the interactive map.  It's interesting to note that when you click the area in Detroit along the river bound by 75,94, and 96, its' only 24,000.  Granted it's a small area but it's also Detroit and that's essentially an average crowd at Comerica Park.

• Like 1

I noticed something on Google Earth today.  The distance from one end of New Guinea (West to East) to the other is roughly the same distance (1450miles) as it is from Detroit to Phoenix, AZ. 

Or roughly same distance from Washington, DC to Albuquerque, NM.

Edited by romad1

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I know very little about the vagaries of DNA but I do find this pretty interesting from a social and anthropological standpoint.

https://i.redd.it/otp5ic1kofza1.jpg

what will really bake your noodle is this:

Haplogroup R1b (R-M343), previously known as Hg1 and Eu18, is a human Y-chromosome haplogroup.

It is the most frequently occurring paternal lineage in Western Europe, as well as some parts of Russia (e.g. the Bashkirs) and pockets of Central Africa (e.g. parts of Chad and among the Chadic-speaking minority ethnic groups of Cameroon). The clade is also present at lower frequencies throughout Eastern Europe, Western Asia, as well as parts of North Africa, South Asia and Central Asia.

R1b has two primary branches: R1b1-L754 and R1b2-PH155. R1b1-L754 has two major subclades: R1b1a1b-M269, which predominates in Western Europe, and R1b1b-V88, which is today common in parts of Central Africa. The other branch, R1b2-PH155, is so rare and widely dispersed that it is difficult to draw any conclusions about its origins. It has been found in Bahrain, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Ladakh, Tajikistan, Turkey, and Western China.

According to ancient DNA studies, most R1a and R1b lineages would have expanded from the Caspian Sea along with the Indo-European languages.[2][3][4][5][6]

I can just see some seer sucker suit wearing guy dabbing a white handkerchief on his reddened forehead -- just below the straw boater hat -- when he reads that his pappy's pappy's pappy was a neegro.

Edited by romad1