MAP PR0N!

chasfh

Fascinating ...

h1lisvbct9va1.png

I see this and I think back to what Oblong has posted in these forums about how white people in the south view black people as "you can get close, but don't you get too high up", and the white northerners view black people as "you can get high up, just don't get too close."

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Fascinating ...

h1lisvbct9va1.png

I see this and I think back to what Oblong has posted in these forums about how white people in the south view black people as "you can get close, but don't you get too high up", and the white northerners view black people as "you can get high up, just don't get too close."

Wow....  I heard that phrase on talk radio some time in the 90's I believe.

9 hours ago, chasfh said:

Has your Country Been Sanctioned by the United States (Since 1962) and How Many Times

https://preview.redd.it/q5fjkgwervpa1.png?width=1553&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=091ace72342c1227f1ecd44ffa4d8a84ebd025ce

https://preview.redd.it/srkpf40trvpa1.png?width=1585&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=06e039f7c77e1d07b74b33274ca1aac36835809c

Oh, Canada!

Nissan has plants in TN and MN and Honda in Alabama. And speaking anecdotally from talking with my family down there… there’s a bit of resentment to the UAW down in that region. They see them as lazy and entitled and don’t like that they retire down there. Just what I have heard. 

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

Nissan has plants in TN and MN and Honda in Alabama. And speaking anecdotally from talking with my family down there… there’s a bit of resentment to the UAW down in that region. They see them as lazy and entitled and don’t like that they retire down there. Just what I have heard. 

I can see why that is. There’s been a century-long campaign in the south to demonize unions (and union workers) among the local rank-and-file, and it’s been very successful because they figured out how to tap into the region’s cultural identity to make that happen. 

10 hours ago, chasfh said:

I can see why that is. There’s been a century-long campaign in the south to demonize unions (and union workers) among the local rank-and-file, and it’s been very successful because they figured out how to tap into the region’s cultural identity to make that happen. 

Yeah. I meant Mississippi. Not Minnesota. A lot of people down there have friends of family working in those plants without a union for good money relative to the cost of living and they see people going on strike up north….  

3 hours ago, oblong said:

Yeah. I meant Mississippi. Not Minnesota. A lot of people down there have friends of family working in those plants without a union for good money relative to the cost of living and they see people going on strike up north….  

Funny, I looked at MN and thought “Mississippi” right away, basically from the context of your entire post. Minnesota didn’t even occur to me.

58 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This map of the world’s religions is so detailed, you can see where Macomb and Oakland counties are primarily Catholic while the rest of the state is Protestant.

image.thumb.jpeg.e90c8a4d56da43ac4c163008fedf056f.jpeg

A little surprised Oakland isn’t Jewish. I bet it’s close.  

36 minutes ago, oblong said:

A little surprised Oakland isn’t Jewish. I bet it’s close.  

Seeing how Oakland County is well over a million in population, it would have to take two or three hundred thousand or more Jews living there to give them any chance to dominate that county. There are a lot a lot fewer Jews in America than people generally realize, something like 2% or so of the total US pop. I don’t think they’re even close to being the majority even anywhere in New York.

On 5/5/2023 at 6:44 PM, chasfh said:

I like how this map extends down to the township level.

u4e2pp0gzut91.jpg

I grew up with a predominantly Polish background in one of the German blocs of the Thumb...

The most noticeable thing comes down to religion... multiple Lutheran churches in town given that the German stock tended to come from reformist parts of the Germany, one relatively small Catholic parish that covered the rest of us.

Drive 20-30 miles? Much different story... it reminds me of the ethnic neighborhoods of Chicago, just on a much larger geographical scale

On 5/7/2023 at 11:16 AM, Tiger337 said:

Maybe people in the deep south can't afford an F-Series?

I think it has more to do with a traditionally anti-union sentiment which helped get foreign automakers producing in this region.  I remember being in Ashburn, VA around the Big 3 bailout time period and walking through the parking garage at work it seemed like I had the only domestic (probably an impala as it was a rental) at the place. 

10 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

There was a time Ford had a plant in Virginia (Norfolk) that built 150s. That plant closed about 10 years or so ago. With Hyundai fairly entrenched in Alabama, Kia and Honda as well. I wonder if that's plays into the equation.

The F-150 was and probably remains the #1 vehicle driven by millionaires.  That represents the prevalence of the vehicle in agriculture and small business.

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

The F-150 was and probably remains the #1 vehicle driven by millionaires.  That represents the prevalence of the vehicle in agriculture and small business.

True, and from an unofficial, non scientific survey on driving habits on the Hampton Roads Peninsula the #1 vehicle driven by assholes on I64 and the Va Beach Expressway.

I would also conjecture most of the above mentioned are probably Navy Pilots.

Note;I said it was an unscientific conclusion 

edit, I probably should add the survey area prolly runs from I-95 near Fredericksburg to the Va Beach oceanfront. Most of the offenders seem to have out of state tags; NY, Pa, MD seem to be the biggest offenders.

Edited by CMRivdogs