MAP PR0N!

chasfh

Just now, romad1 said:

Drove by Rod Carew Stadium in Panama last week.  Not as big as Comerica but a swell sight for my baseball loving eyes.

Yeah, I am a little surprised that baseball is the #1 sport in Panama even though there are so few Panamanian players in big league history.

Just now, chasfh said:

Yeah, I am a little surprised that baseball is the #1 sport in Panama even though there are so few Panamanian players in big league history.

Per the guy who was running our tour (aka a tour guide), he said it was probably: soccer, baseball and American football in that order these days.   I would confirm based on the TV in the hotel.  Lots of soccer, a good amount of baseball in both languages, and NFL talk.  Basketball was trailing all that. 

21 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I don't care that much but Detroit doesn't have an MLS team?  With all the soccer played in the Detroit metro...huh.

The "official" reason given in the last round of expansions was that Detroit didn't have an "acceptable" soccer stadium. Charlotte got around it by working out an agreement with the Panther to play in their stadium. It seems the powers that be in the MLS fudged the rules a bit. 

I guess at one time the team had backing from both Gilbert and Gores to construct a stadium on the old jail site. I'm not sure where that stands now. Detroit City FC plays in Keyworth Stadium in Hamtramck.

21 hours ago, smr-nj said:

A424AD59-A2CE-47B1-8989-5751DB7B38A9.jpeg

I had no idea Dunkin’ is more popular in Illinois, although I do wonder whether this is locations or sales, because there are a lot of little Dunkin’ kiosks around the big city, anyway.

Edited by chasfh

The one that strikes me here is Salsette Island, in India:

https://i.redd.it/2tkkiwanh6wa1.jpg

There are almost 24 million people who live on this island, an area roughly the size of a patch of suburbs that runs from 8 mile and I-94 in Grosse Pointe to 8 Mile and Telegraph in Southfield, up to downtown Pontiac, across to Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights, and back down to Grosse Pointe. That's more than twice the number of people who live in the whole state of Michigan on a patch of land that makes up less than half of suburban Detroit.

32 minutes ago, oblong said:

Ohio got kind of a big head there....

The font is small and understated and not very distinguishable from the rest of the states, which is a nice contradiction to the word.

But, hold on, someone dared to use the "m" instead of the stupid "X"?  Curses.....