Jump to content

05/02/2023 6:40 pm EDT New York Mets vs Detroit Tigers


casimir

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, oblong said:

The legend was that during the game he walked down the street to whatever was where Casey's pub was and listened on the radio, but I don't think that's true.  

 

 

I guess we may never know! I have heard stories that guys like Babe Ruth would go to what today is Nemo's after the game as well. I kinda hope that its true. Just like when we used to be able to play pickup games at old tigers stadium after they tore it down, cool feeling to think you stood in the same batters box as all those legends.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I guess we may never know! I have heard stories that guys like Babe Ruth would go to what today is Nemo's after the game as well. I kinda hope that its true. Just like when we used to be able to play pickup games at old tigers stadium after they tore it down, cool feeling to think you stood in the same batters box as all those legends.

we had a work outing at Nemo's before going to a game and many of us did exactly that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not quite Babe Ruth but I ran into Andy Dirks and I'm wanting to say Duane Below(I know it was some AAAA middle reliever/spot starter) at Bookies after a Tigers day game one time. I don't know if Dirks was drunk or not but he certainly came across that way, maybe he was just one of those guys that gets really obnoxious after 1 or 2 drinks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kdog said:


Joey Lucchesi vs Michael Lorenzen.

Max and JV back to back Wed and Thurs.

Crud, I thought it was Verlander tonight, Scherzer Wednesday, and then someone else on Thursday.  Now I'm going to have to find a picture of Luccesi's cereal for today's game thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not quite Babe Ruth but I ran into Andy Dirks and I'm wanting to say Duane Below(I know it was some AAAA middle reliever/spot starter) at Bookies after a Tigers day game one time. I don't know if Dirks was drunk or not but he certainly came across that way, maybe he was just one of those guys that gets really obnoxious after 1 or 2 drinks. 

A friend and I ran into Shane Halter and Nate Cornjo at the State theater bar across from the park after a game years ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Toddwert said:

A friend and I ran into Shane Halter and Nate Cornjo at the State theater bar across from the park after a game years ago

Funny you mention Halter cause I ran into him too years ago. I think I told the story before on the old board but we were at O Tooles in Royal Oak sitting at the bar, it was a relatively quiet night and on the TV they showed highlights of the game. Halter did something big in that game(maybe the game he started all 9 positions) and they were highlighting it and Halter says something to the bartender like "Yeah that guy sucks" and the bartender and him just start laughing so I'm guessing he was a semi regular. He was sitting two spots down from me for like an hour and I had no idea it was him, it wasn't until then me and my buddy put two and two together and realized who it was. Cool guy, ended up playing a few games of pool with us. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Funny you mention Halter cause I ran into him too years ago. I think I told the story before on the old board but we were at O Tooles in Royal Oak sitting at the bar, it was a relatively quiet night and on the TV they showed highlights of the game. Halter did something big in that game(maybe the game he started all 9 positions) and they were highlighting it and Halter says something to the bartender like "Yeah that guy sucks" and the bartender and him just start laughing so I'm guessing he was a semi regular. He was sitting two spots down from me for like an hour and I had no idea it was him, it wasn't until then me and my buddy put two and two together and realized who it was. Cool guy, ended up playing a few games of pool with us. 

Yeah they tried to buy the hottest chicks in bar a round and got shot down … it was pretty funny

Edited by Toddwert
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another delayed start time, and if predicted radar movement is any indication, the game may not start until after 9:00 PM. This is a big down side of the more balanced schedule: you get teams early in the season you will not see again, and you have to either wait out the rain for hours and hours, layer on doubleheaders the following days, or figure out which of the very few off days during the rest of the season both teams can give away for a quick come-in-and-get-out game sometime down the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Another delayed start time, and if predicted radar movement is any indication, the game may not start until after 9:00 PM. This is a big down side of the more balanced schedule: you get teams early in the season you will not see again, and you have to either wait out the rain for hours and hours, layer on doubleheaders the following days, or figure out which of the very few off days during the rest of the season both teams can give away for a quick come-in-and-get-out game sometime down the road.

Rest assured, whatever happens, AMS Certified Meteorologists Evan Woodbery and Chris McCosky will have opinions lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Another delayed start time, and if predicted radar movement is any indication, the game may not start until after 9:00 PM. This is a big down side of the more balanced schedule: you get teams early in the season you will not see again, and you have to either wait out the rain for hours and hours, layer on doubleheaders the following days, or figure out which of the very few off days during the rest of the season both teams can give away for a quick come-in-and-get-out game sometime down the road.

That's why @casimir keeps saying early games should be mostly in domes or warm weather cities

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, KL2 said:

That's why @casimir keeps saying early games should be mostly in domes or warm weather cities

 

Just write up a schedule that follows what the weather is going to be.  Is that something that the AI chatbots or Billy Bean are working on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      253
    • Most Online
      186

    Newest Member
    maxDC
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...