05/04/2023 1:10 pm EDT New York Mets vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

9 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

Same. But mostly I'm just happy that Dan's not getting saddled with C-Mo this season.

I feel bad for you folks in the Tigers market who can't do radio overlay on the TV video. If I were still living there I would definitely be looking for ways to jerry-rig it.

Here's one solution if you're interested: implement your VPN directly through your router (rather than your gateway) so you can spoof being out-of-market on your smart TV/Apple TV/Fire stick/whatever. You need a VPN subscription and you need a router, but it does work. I do this when I want to watch Tigers-White Sox or Tigers-Cubs but still want to listen to Dan through MLB.tv.

Edited by chasfh

Here's a pointless distraction: watching some non-baseball guy named "Will Power" being interviewed during the game, presumably talking about something that's not baseball, and taking up a big part of the screen while play is in progress. As though we would rather see him than the players. Obviously, someone at Bally Detroit would.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Here's a pointless distraction: watching some non-baseball guy named "Will Power" being interviewed during the game, presumably talking about something that's not baseball, and taking up a big part of the screen while play is in progress. As though we would rather see him than the players. Obviously, someone at Bally Detroit would.

They are very proud of it.

31 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Two innings in against reigning Cy Young winner Justin Verlander:

image.png.0e43311c8b81d70475d9ba16512c7284.png

Veralander has always given up hard contact - comes with being a 4 seam fastball guy. I'm just amazed the guy still has 95 and even a bit more at 40. That pretty much puts him a the company of Nolan Ryan.....and maybe no-one else?

Edited by gehringer_2

45 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Eduardo REALLY wants to leave Detroit after this season and is pitching like it

Avila would hold onto Eduardo until the last second hoping for a huge overpay/another team's mistake. He is opting out for sure it seems and if so Tigers would get nothing. I do wonder how Harris handles this.

I tend to think we could get more for Eduardo by trading him sooner rather than later.  A starting pitcher is one of the biggest difference-makers for a team in contention or trying to move from the edge of contention into the race.  An earlier trade results in more starts for the new team.  Obviously you have to have a willing partner, but if I'm in Harris' shoes, I am opening up shop sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Just now, theroundsquare said:

I tend to think we could get more for Eduardo by trading him sooner rather than later.  A starting pitcher is one of the biggest difference-makers for a team in contention or trying to move from the edge of contention into the race.  An earlier trade results in more starts for the new team.  Obviously you have to have a willing partner, but if I'm in Harris' shoes, I am opening up shop sooner rather than later.

The team across the field is probably a good candidate given all of their question marks

Great pitching performance,good form continues.

And sorry if I missed an introduction thread?But anyway,long time Tigers fan even though from NC as I played football at Mercyhurst and therefore saw a ton of Seawolves games there in Erie.

Teacher by trade and will go ahead and say it haha:Am also a Tar Heels and Redskins(Yes I still call them that) fan.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

Great pitching performance,good form continues.

And sorry if I missed an introduction thread?But anyway,long time Tigers fan even though from NC as I played football at Mercyhurst and therefore saw a ton of Seawolves games there in Erie.

Teacher by trade and will go ahead and say it haha:Am also a Tar Heels and Redskins(Yes I still call them that) fan.

Thanks!

Welcome!

• Thanks 1