Meijer and the Tigers

RedRamage

https://newsroom.meijer.com/2023-05-25-Detroit-Tigers-and-Meijer-Announce-Expanded-Partnership,-Deepening-Ties-Between-Two-Iconic-Michigan-Brands?sf178254659=1&fbclid=IwAR2O52mJ4dhOAS3Hxyt6TIQtnBCgQUgs9KFE5Ldh03P2gxcRitFa-7PRWps

The Tigers get a jersey sponsor.  It could be worse I guess... while I don't love the idea of commercials on the jersey there could be far worse options then a Michigan based Meijer.

May be an image of 4 people and text

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Matt and Casey look quite pleased.

the two meijer execs are armed and they told manning and mize that, if they know what's good for them, they better smile and make it look good.  the one guy is holding a gun to mize's back; the other just put his behind him.  somehow i know that duece is getting his cut

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sure, why not? Meijer is already on the hockey helmet the players wear after home runs. Totally unsurprising that Tigers' ownership would whore out to corporate sponsors what is supposed to be a spontaneous celebration. Part of the reason why it sucks.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Meijer but something about their logo being on the jersey just makes it seem cheap, more so than if it was branded with a different type of business. Like it's something you would get as a free giveaway at the game or it makes me think of the knock off jerseys they sell at their store. Oh well I guess Meijer is better than Little Caesars I suppose. 

On 5/25/2023 at 4:39 PM, Tiger337 said:

I hate **** like that, but it is relatively unobtrusve.  The Nike Swoosh sucks.  

It isn’t glaring on the h9me uniforms.  It’s nice that the normal red font for Meijers has been replaced with navy to blend in with the jersey.

It was the Illitch organization that brought ads to the boards in the NHL, right?      And then the ice surface and then MLB followed suit with ads on the walls (which they did back in the olden days).  

I just hope that Rob Manfred decides not to, after threatening the city of Milwaukee with relocating the Brewers, to lot allow multiple ads on MLB uniforms like a NASCAR thing.   Who knows what that idiot will do next.