2023 Trade Deadline

RatkoVarda

Per Jim Bowden via the Athletic

"Eduardo Rodriguez, LHP, Tigers — Rodriguez is 6-5 with a 2.69 ERA in 14 starts and if healthy is expected to opt out of his contract after this season, which is why the Tigers will deal him. They should be able to command a package of three top-30 prospects for the veteran lefty."

Now it is Jim Bowden so take it with a grain of salt 😅

4 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

"Eduardo Rodriguez, LHP, Tigers — Rodriguez is 6-5 with a 2.69 ERA in 14 starts and if healthy is expected to opt out of his contract after this season, which is why the Tigers will deal him. They should be able to command a package of three top-30 prospects for the veteran lefty."

Three top-30 prospects? He means top 30 of a franchise not in the game, right? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Three top-30 prospects? 

Outside of maybe the Orioles, not sure any other teams could meet those narrow parameters lol

21 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Three top-30 prospects? 

Outside of maybe the Orioles, not sure any other teams could meet those narrow parameters lol

And I would prefer one Top-3 from an Org, one top-20-25 in an Org... and then the 3rd can be whatever lottery ticket is allowed...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

I read Morosi and like him also but not to be rude does any of his predictions ring true ?

Very few trade rumor predictions come true.  It's the nature of the beast.  His prediction here is pretty general though and seems plausible.  

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Side note, you hear about his Dad? He is HUGE Mets fan. Said he tapes his sons games and watches Mets live if they are on the same time....

I just heard this recently.  It might have been a Dan Patrick interview of Joey Votto?

On 7/25/2023 at 1:02 PM, chasfh said:

This is what I was thinking—if we are looking to build a organization containing hitters of the future, and we believe that Carpenter is a Hitter of the Future, then what are we trying to accomplish by trading him? What are we looking for instead of him?

I mean, I get the idea of no one is untouchable and everyone is on the table—what are the chances that we can trade a Kerry Carpenter to help someone today and receive a younger, better, better-defending Kerry Carpenter in return who is simply farther away from the majors? I'm not getting what the there there is for either side in a move like this.

This is the most sensible post regarding Carpenter that I have read

3 hours ago, casimir said:

That's interesting.  I thought I saw the Rays are on Lynn's no trade clause along with 9 other teams.  Obviously he could waive that.

You put the good teams on your no trade.

No reason to put the bad teams, they ain't adding veterans. And if you want an extension you can make that part of the agreement to wave