06/18/2023 2:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins

casimir

Nice win, but am I the only on disturbed by Lange's performance?  That was extremely brutal...it's not like he was giving up hits, he was literally un-pitchable/dangerous.  I get guys have bad outings, but he's fallen off as of late, and today was beyond the pail...wouldnt be surprised to hear he's "hurt" and goes on the 10 day DL after this.

Edited by Dtrain72

5 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Nice win, but am I the only on disturbed by Lange's performance?  That was extremely brutal...it's not like he was giving up hits, he was literally un-pitchable/dangerous.  I get guys have bad outings, but he's fallen off as of late, and today was beyond the pail...wouldnt be surprised to hear he's "hurt" and goes on the 10 day DL after this.

I agree. Like my dad used to ask me "What'sTheMatterWithYou" 😅😅

2 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

against the "best" team in the division, take 3/4 and could have very well been a 4-game road  sweep, which is really rare

when they play good teams, they are going to look bad, but they are doing well against their peer group

The Twins have the last place Red Sox next, we have the last place Royals next.

1 hour ago, Dtrain72 said:

That's why AJ get's paid the big bucks...schlubs like us clearly cant see what hee see's with our own I eyes I reckon🤷‍♂️

He probably wanted him to be able to get himself back together after plunking Taylor on the theory of avoiding having him taking it in to his next outing, but he guessed wrong that Lange could do it! Lange hit both batters with curve balls but it seems the more over arching problem for him recently is he can't throw his FB for a strike, and once guys start waiting for the curve they can hit it with some regularity. And it's not even inside/outside command on the FB, it mostly just that he can't bring it up a little - he keeps putting it at guys' ankles,

Edited by gehringer_2

5 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I think he's for real, but I don't expect him to get better and he can't field.  I think he'll be a good platoon DH, extra outfielder.  

He made a good throw home from short LF to prevent a run in the 8th. Looked good. But yeah, he's a bit shaky on flyballs.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

He made a good throw home from short LF to prevent a run in the 8th. Looked good. But yeah, he's a bit shaky on flyballs.

As long as he is the 1st or 2nd best hitting OF on the roster, I'll  live with his left field play. If the time comes we have some OF's that can provide more total wins, then we can worry about it. My team building philosophy would always be to  first concentrate on replacing the bad players with decent ones, then worry about trying to upgrade the decent ones to top tier.

Edited by gehringer_2