06/27/2023 8:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Texas Rangers

casimir

Just now, Tigermojo said:

I saw the replay now. Would have been the fourth run but it took a lucky ricochet right back to Rogers at home plate.

Yup, If it bounced off the wall a little differently it might have been an error, even though it would have been the exact same throw, because baseball.

Just now, chasfh said:

Man, I gotta tell you, that hockey helmet/stick schtick has gotten so super lame, the players don’t care about it even while they’re doing it.

Most teams have gotten bored with their home run gimmicks.  That's what happens when you force artificial celebrations.  

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

Most teams have gotten bored with their home run gimmicks.  That's what happens when you force artificial celebrations.  

I can’t help but think this was imposed on them, rather organically springing up from among them.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

I can’t help but think this was imposed on them, rather organically springing up from among them.

When every team in baseball is doing it, you know it's not organic.  It's harmless and they enjoyed it at first, but it's gotten old.  

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

When every team in baseball is doing it, you know it's not organic.  It's harmless and they enjoyed it at first, but it's gotten old.  

The Blue Jays' sport coat was the best, the players loved it, and they had the good sense to let it die at the end of the year.

I might like to see the Tigers shift some of the emphasis in their team hitting philosophy. The "Get a good pitch to hit" mantra sounds nice, but it can put you in the hole against every pitcher with decent command. It was interesting to hear Pudge last night talk about never worrying about looking for inside/outside/up/down, he said he just saw a strike coming he tried to put his bat on it no matter where it was going. Now Pudge was a great hitter, and he said as much as all hitters can;t hit the same way, but Pudge's approach is one that might give you a better shot in games against good pitching. Too much waiting for perfect pitches doesn't seem to be working for the Tigers even if it makes their peripherals look better than last season.

17 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Line drive missile outta here! Who wants to option TORK! now!

He still would probably benefit from an occasional day off. I really hadn't thought about the fact that the only game he has had off so far this season was the 2nd game of a DH, so he hasn't actually had a 'day' off from the schedule at all.

Edited by gehringer_2