Week One: Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

7 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Wow Josh Pascal only 17 snap counts? Is he only going to be a situational player now?

With his injury last year, he only played in seven games. Not to say he's a rookie this year, but they may be trying to ease him into action somewhat. If he makes use of his snaps with huge plays like that 3rd down TFL, he'll be seeing the field more often, guaranteed.

Minnesota loses 20-17 to a not-good Tampa team and has a Thursday Night matchup against Philadelphia upcoming. They looked plainly awful from what I saw. Could not get anything going offensively unless it went through Jefferson. Hock caught multiple passes behind the line of scrimmage in the second half and would immediately get pounded. Add on two fumbles lost plus a red zone interception.... yikes.

Just now, sagnam said:

Richardson hurt already running and lower g his shoulder. Stupid. Honestly this goes for Gibbs too.  I don’t want or need him seeking out contact. If you are a Ferrari, be careful with the paint.

This is what makes me okay with having Gibbs on a pitch count with Montgomery. Monty has shown NFL durability, he can take a licking and keep on ticking. The plan for Gibbs is that he is going to be performing at a high level for 17... 18.... 19.... 20?!? games. Need to keep him fresh, no need to just create a Swift 2.0.

• Like 1

Jamaal Williams runs 11 yards for a first down to ice their game against the Titans, then fumbles the ball, but is lucky enough to get it back.

Finishes his first game out of Detroit with 18 carries for 45 yards, no scores. Before the last play of the game he was at 17 carries for 34 yards.

Not so great away from the Detroit offensive line.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Minnesota loses 20-17 to a not-good Tampa team and has a Thursday Night matchup against Philadelphia upcoming. They looked plainly awful from what I saw. Could not get anything going offensively unless it went through Jefferson. Hock caught multiple passes behind the line of scrimmage in the second half and would immediately get pounded. Add on two fumbles lost plus a red zone interception.... yikes.

Luck is fleeting in the NFL. Not this year, Vikings. Lions wire to wire!!

19 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Richardson hurt already running and lower g his shoulder. Stupid. Honestly this goes for Gibbs too.  I don’t want or need him seeking out contact. If you are a Ferrari, be careful with the paint.

Yeah, didn’t even finish his NFL debut. Hurts has more structure but I’m guessing he will miss time this season.