Week One: Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

12 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Mahomes threw an interception for the first time ever during week 1 game.

That is correct, and it honestly sucks for him because that wasn't his fault at all.  That was right in the receivers hands. I'm not complaining of course... but it stinks that he gets an INT when he did everything right.

I almost feel like there should be an earned INT stat sorta like earned runs in baseball. That might be too subjective of a stat though because you could ALWAYS nitpick little things that the QB coulda-shoulda-woulda done differently or you could say stuff like: Well, the receiver ran the wrong route, so if he goes where he was supposed to that's not an INT.

1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

I've got a very mixed reaction to Goff this morning. On one hand I thought he too often locked on to the #1 read and the defense say that and got into his throwing lanes.  Too many balls batted at the line of scrimmage.

But on the other hand... he had some AMAZING throws where the ball lead the receiver perfectly into a spot... threading the needle between defenders. This throw in particular is just stunning: 

Another thing I just noticed while watching highlights: The play just before the fake punt was a pretty good play for Goff. All receivers were covered, he rolled out, even retreated to the end zone to buy time, then found Jones coming back to him. If he throw incomplete or just throws it away or even tries to gain a few yards with his feet, then it's 4th and 7... Campbell probably doesn't fake and no TD drive.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Another thing I just noticed while watching highlights: The play just before the fake punt was a pretty good play for Goff. All receivers were covered, he rolled out, even retreated to the end zone to buy time, then found Jones coming back to him. If he throw incomplete or just throws it away or even tries to gain a few yards with his feet, then it's 4th and 7... Campbell probably doesn't fake and no TD drive.

I love he does not panic in these situations anymore. He clearly was a head case when he got here; Holmes/Campbell deserve credit in getting him right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Hutchison and Amon Ra St. Brown greeting fans. 

Love being able to root for both of these guys.  Hutch in particular seems like the Lions' version of Cabrara when it comes to fans. He just seems to really love the game and want to what he can to please the fans.

1 minute ago, RedRamage said:

Love being able to root for both of these guys.  Hutch in particular seems like the Lions' version of Cabrara when it comes to fans. He just seems to really love the game and want to what he can to please the fans.

Hutch is the hometown boy so he's easy to root for but Sun God is such a great story that I have to go with him as my favorite.  He said that he was going to prove that teams made a mistake by passing on him in the draft and has done just that.  

If you get another chance to see the 2 long Gibbs runs, check his finish of each.  On the first one, to the L side, he lowers a shoulder and the KC player gets flattened and Gibbs stays up right but ends up out of bounds. On the second one to the R side when it was 1st and 15, he gets 18 and uses his L arm to swat the defender to the ground, again as Gibbs hits the sideline but remains upright. On the actual broadcast you could see that KC player who got swatted look up like WTF.  

Loved it!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

My son saw my fantasy team and asked me "are you sure you have enough Lions?" I have Brown, Gibbs, LaPorta, Montgomery and the Lions Defense. I answered "I passed on Goff". Yeah, I have Mahomes...lol 

1 hour ago, KnoxP said:

If you get another chance to see the 2 long Gibbs runs, check his finish of each.  On the first one, to the L side, he lowers a shoulder and the KC player gets flattened and Gibbs stays up right but ends up out of bounds. On the second one to the R side when it was 1st and 15, he gets 18 and uses his L arm to swat the defender to the ground, again as Gibbs hits the sideline but remains upright. On the actual broadcast you could see that KC player who got swatted look up like WTF.  

Loved it!

that guy sounds great....they should play him more often!

How the expectations have turned! The team went out and punked the Super Bowl champions in their home stadium on banner night, holding the league's top scoring offense to 20 points, and we are complaining about snap counts! Is this what it was like for Patriots fans all those years?