Week Eleven: Chicago Bears (3-7) @ Detroit Lions (7-2)

MichiganCardinal

On 11/17/2023 at 12:55 PM, buddha said:

the lions have beaten one team with a winning record and that team was without two of their best players.

the best team they played crushed them.

the second best team they played beat them at home.

their defense has major holes against any fully functional offense with a pulse.

lets hold off on the super bowl predictions just yet.  lol.

deapite my reservations, i really hope houston comes back and can make an immediate difference because they badly need any kind of pass rush.  what happened to the successful stunts from last year?  have i missed it or are they not running as many of those now?

The Lions are still a year away from peaking.   Defensive upgrades in the offseason should really do it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Guess a Guard is in the mix in next year's draft.    JJ can't stay healthy. 

Before this year he’d missed four games in three years. Probably premature to call him injury prone, especially when they may be just conserving him knowing we have Green Bay in four days. That said, his situation will provide a look at what Holmes will prioritize in making this operation sustainable. Do you give him big money that he’s earned or let him walk and take the comp pick? Fraley has shown an ability to coach up good players like Glasgow and make them great. Yet, we wouldn’t be as good as we are without having arguably the best offensive line in football.

Having all five guys on the line be on large deals probably isn’t sustainable (right now only Ragnow and Decker are), so they’ll have to look elsewhere somewhere. Given Ragnow’s toe, I think Sewell is probably the only guarantee to be on the line three years from now.

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Controlling the ball on offense would give the opponent less opportunity. Make a difference? We'll never know...

they were losing 28-0 before they got a first down!

a guard and a running back dont make that kind of difference.

you guys are funny.

21 minutes ago, buddha said:

you guys are funny.

If we would have lost WWII, we would all be speaking German. You want to say the outcome of the game would have been the same but I say it's impossible since we can't replay it.

15 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Next time we play Chicago, in Chicago, they'll be coming off their bye week. Today's game may not be as easy as some people think.

You've seen Chicago right?

(not saying they can't lose, but these posts are always so silly. Hometown team plays way worse team and there is always the worry warts who gotta come in and be like 'better be careful, they could lose')

43 minutes ago, buddha said:

you guys are funny.

Montgomery picked up a 4th and 5 running last week, behind a pull block from Jackson IIRC. So yes, it seems likely if they had been healthy the Lions would not have been down 28-0 before getting a first down. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The Lions are still a year away from peaking.   Defensive upgrades in the offseason should really do it. 

Sure but it's hard to already look ahead to next season when they're 7-2 with a manageable schedule in the last 8. I wouldn't necessarily write off the team this season just because Holmes didn't trade for a Chase Young type at the deadline.

Huge letdown game.  Lions play like dog**** and make Justin Fields, DJ Moore, and Cole Kmet look like Aikman, Irvin, and Novacek.    All of that being said, they still grit out a crazy comeback OT win.

Lions 31

Bears 28

Jamo steps up with his most productive game as a Lion. 

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, buddha said:

you guys are funny.

It's funny that you don't think Montgomery would have made a difference. Anyway, we'll never know so maybe we should move on? The team is 7-2, that's pretty good no? 

Edited by NYLion

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

28-3?

you guys are delusional.

I never said they would have won with Montgomery and Jackson. I said it would have made a difference. A beating but maybe not a brutal one  

And you are more pessimistic that I thought if you assume the Lions would have scored even fewer points if they had two of their most important offensive players. 😊

59 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Huge letdown game.  Lions play like dog**** and make Justin Fields, DJ Moore, and Cole Kmet look like Aikman, Irvin, and Novacek.    All of that being said, they still grit out a crazy comeback OT win.

Lions 31

Bears 28

Jamo steps up with his most productive game as a Lion. 

Who invited this guy anyway

• Haha 1

I can't imaging Levi is on the roster next season. For today's game, the Bears are a bad team and we should have no trouble taking care of business and winning by a score or more. Yes, we have struggled with mobile QBs, but Fields is not a good QB. He is one dimensional with his running ability and otherwise makes poor decisions and doesn't read through progressions nor process what a defense is doing. He looks lost out there having to be a pocket passer or look of more than just one read downfield. I also think our offense will continue the strong play and overwhelm their defense and rack up at 3-4 TDs.

Lions 31 Bears 16.