2024 Rose Bowl: #1 Michigan Wolverines (13-0) vs. #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (12-1)

MichiganCardinal

• 4 weeks later...

The more I think the less sense it makes…. Even in the midst of the scandal…. Was Michigan stealing its own video? Why would you be unable to watch Michigan on a tablet? Or are you saying that your video is of Michigan’s signs and Alabama is restricting that because of the scandal? The last one is the only one that makes a modicum of sense.

i still have a hard time seeing michigan winning this game.  nick saban is not ryan day.  he's not going to turtle when the going gets tough.  and bama - like georgia - is loaded at the skill positions in ways michigan is not.  bama is like penn state, only with a good offense and a great head coach.  michigan will have to play very well, bama will need to turn the ball over, and we'll need some luck.

52 minutes ago, buddha said:

i still have a hard time seeing michigan winning this game.  nick saban is not ryan day.  he's not going to turtle when the going gets tough.  and bama - like georgia - is loaded at the skill positions in ways michigan is not.  bama is like penn state, only with a good offense and a great head coach.  michigan will have to play very well, bama will need to turn the ball over, and we'll need some luck.

I have an easier time seeing Michigan winning this game than I had seeing Michigan beating Georgia two years ago. I’m not going to defend Ryan Day, but Ohio State this year didn’t turtle like they did the last two years. They went punch for punch and just turned the ball over too many times.

This is probably the worst Alabama team in five years. Which says a lot for how great that program is. Their WRs are not Jerry Jeudy, Jamo, or Henry Ruggs and their RBs are not Jahmyr Gibbs or Derrick Henry. They’re still very good, but they’re not an NFL caliber team. Milroe is very good, but turnover prone. If Michigan plays the brand of mistake-free football that got them this far, and capitalizes on Milroe’s mistake(s), I think it will be a one-possession game either direction.

59 minutes ago, buddha said:

i still have a hard time seeing michigan winning this game.

Yeah - I retain a lot of built in "B1G doesn't play the same brand of football" bias, but objectively I have to admit that M under Harbaugh has turned a kind of corner recently - they do play bigger and better than they used to. Is it enough to close the gap, esp without an adequate replacement for Zinter? Does seem doubtful.

This is the first year (for me at least) where this game has felt bigger than The Game. That doesn't make intuitive sense, given this is a playoff and The Game is not, but I think there is something to be said for how the program has evolved.

The last two years, the season was a huge success after Michigan beat Ohio State and didn't collapse in the Big Ten Championship. Anything beyond that was gravy. This year it feels like the season depends more on this game tonight (and hopefully next Monday too) than it did against Ohio State. While Ohio State always matters, there's a been there, done that feeling to beating Ohio State now, and that winning this - winning a semifinal, beating the SEC, going to the National Championship - is now the real next barrier for Michigan football.

I wish you guys a lot of luck today.  For as much **** that I give, I honestly hope that Michigan can win today and next week.    

Enjoy these days as it seems inevitable this time that Harbaugh is really leaving.  Add that with the changing conference and no longer having a cakewalk schedule and it could be a long, long time before Michigan is in this position again.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

I wish you guys a lot of luck today.  For as much **** that I give, I honestly hope that Michigan can win today and next week.    

Enjoy these days as it seems inevitable this time that Harbaugh is really leaving.  Add that with the changing conference and no longer having a cakewalk schedule and it could be a long, long time before Michigan is in this position again.   

lol, even when you say something nice about michigan you have to throw a shot in there too.  🙂

nope.  played them in a rich rod year to open the season in jerry world and were embarassed.  played them in a bowl game in shea patterson land and were good for the first half and then alabama decided to play and whupped michigan in the second half.

24 minutes ago, buddha said:

lol, even when you say something nice about michigan you have to throw a shot in there too.  🙂

It comes down to the expectation that Sharrone Moore will be the next coach.  Seems like a good guy but not ready for a job this big.   Marcus Freeman part 2.