Detroit At Pittsburgh

buddha

12 minutes ago, buddha said:

first of all, the lions are spending $25 million on a backup qb.  unfortunately for them he's starting.

who should they have gotten to play backup qb?  i mean, why would any team spend a lot of money on a guy who isnt very good?  

you knew who spent a lot of money on a backup qb?  bob quinn.  how did that work out?  

never go full quinn, g2.

you're assuming that better than Blough would have been "a lot of money". I don't know how true that is. Even Daniel really wasn't that costly at 3/13, but I find it hard to believe you couldn't have paid less and still not done better than Goff (or apparently Blough) could do today. 

But it goes back to the more basic question of how much they cared about how much the lost this year. I think the answer all along has been not much.

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

i mean, you have seen them try to throw today, right?

i dont put that on campbell.

He is too injured to throw.  He can’t be in the game.   This is coaching malpractice.  That’s what we were all afraid of, Campbell being in over his head.  Which it’s obvious he is.  He hasn’t improved at all.  It’s sad. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TP_Fan said:

He is too injured to throw.  He can’t be in the game.   This is coaching malpractice.  That’s what we were all afraid of, Campbell being in over his head.  Which it’s obvious he is.  He hasn’t improved at all.  It’s sad. 

how do you know he's too injured to throw?

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not really. It would have been a 61 yard field goal if the Lions held them to no yards on that 3rd down play. 

but they didn't and how likely was it they would? Heck the Lions didn't even come out with a full stop front, they were playing prevent against the 1st down.

Edited by gehringer_2

Just now, TP_Fan said:

The passes are there. If we had a QB we could win this game. Pittsburgh is struggling on offense.

1 minute ago, TP_Fan said:

He is taped on the sideline and it’s all the announcers are talking about.  It’s not a secret. 

the announcers.  lol.  ok.

goff looks exactly the same as he has looked all year.  i dont think he's too injured to throw, he just SUCKS!!!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, TP_Fan said:

I’ve never seen a coach fail a team as much as Campbell is failing the lions right now.   This is inexcusable.  What a low point.  

liar.

you've said that about every single coach the lions have ever had every time they lose a game.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, buddha said:

the announcers.  lol.  ok.

goff looks exactly the same as he has looked all year.  i dont think he's too injured to throw, he just SUCKS!!!!

He is literally getting treatment on the sideline and Campbell discussed at halftime that they hope Goff can hold up with his rib/hip injury.  What are doing here?   The injury is obvious.  It’s been talked about by the team, it’s accepted fact.  

Just now, TP_Fan said:

He is literally getting treatment on the sideline and Campbell discussed at halftime that they hope Goff can hold up with his rib/hip injury.  What are doing here?   The injury is obvious.  It’s been talked about by the team, it’s accepted fact.  

"literally" getting treatment.  ok.  what kind of treatment?