4/8/24 6:40PM EDT Tigers @ Pirates

9 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I wonder if Eddys Leonard would have gotten the call if he hadn't gotten hurt yesterday. 

He's not on the 40 man roster. It's Baddoo, Kennedy, Kreidler and Perez.

What happened to Leonard?

38 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Play baseball in the freezing cold.....what's the worst that could happen?

I don’t think it was the cold.  It definitely wasn’t freezing yesterday.  I wonder if he did something to cause it when he dove for the ball in the LF corner yesterday.  It didn’t seem like he was hurt then, and I think he also hit after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigermojo said:

He's not on the 40 man roster. It's Baddoo, Kennedy, Kreidler and Perez.

What happened to Leonard?

My worthless guess is they would want a RHH option to play 2B, a semi platoon partner with Keith although maybe not a strict platoon.  I would think the pecking order would be Kreidler first and then one of Perez/Leonard.  With Perez, there’s a bit more OF flexibility, but probably only 2B for the IF (and with Vierling and Urshela, that’s probably fine).  With Leonard, there’s probably a bit more IF coverage, but probably zero for the OF.

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

I am not a fan of Kerry Carpenter. I don’t know why he bugs me. I think it’s that headband combined with a Ken Doll blank smile all the time. 

I’m not a fan of his political position, but as long as he helps us win I really don’t care.  

1 minute ago, SoCalTiger said:

Tork with a poor base running mistake with the play in front of him for goodness sakes. Don't make the first and third out at 3rd base. And not a word from Monroe about it. 

To be fair, you’re pretty critical of Tork. Perhaps the 3rd base coach should’ve done his job?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Tork with a poor base running mistake with the play in front of him for goodness sakes. Don't make the first and third out at 3rd base. And not a word from Monroe about it. 

The bobble in left almost certainly drew Tork (or the 3rd base coach) to go for 3rd. The left fielder recovered too nicely for it to succeed.

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

I am not a fan of Kerry Carpenter. I don’t know why he bugs me. I think it’s that headband combined with a Ken Doll blank smile all the time. 

yeah I'm with you on that