4/9/24 12:35PM EDT Tigers @ Pirates

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What a beautiful ballpark.       With a park like that, the fans deserve a better team year after year.     I have got to see a game there.  

I’ve read many articles on MLB parks that suggest PNC and Oracle in SF are must attend parks. 

Man, it sure would be neat to have an offense who punishes middle/middle pitches. Our guys either swing and miss or foul them off. It would also be neat if our pitchers wouldn’t hit the middle of the plate so often! If only, right?

41 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Man, it sure would be neat to have an offense who punishes middle/middle pitches. Our guys either swing and miss or foul them off. It would also be neat if our pitchers wouldn’t hit the middle of the plate so often! If only, right?

In our pitchers defense, they are watching our hitters fail miserably at such pitches. Reasonable of them to think it might work for them. Unfortunately, they aren't facing Tigers hitters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

In our pitchers defense, they are watching our hitters fail miserably at such pitches. Reasonable of them to think it might work for them. Unfortunately, they aren't facing Tigers hitters.

A very weak offense also puts a lot of pressure to be as perfect as possible on the entire pitching staff.

According to Tigers offensive offense math, the 4 runs scored yesterday should cover about 3 games worth of runs...so if the 1 run holds today, then Thurs and Fri should combine for aprox 3 runs, soooo according to my Tigers math calcalutions, look for Sat to be a 3+ run game for the offense...just hope it's not too many more than that, or it'll take quite a few games of 0-2 runs to get back to the mean, it's a delicate balance.

favorite-facts.gif

Edited by Dtrain72
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreaming said:

Not only is this offense painful to listen to, but MLB audio is making me listen to the Pirates announcers...don't know why the Tigers feed is silent.

Odd. I’m receiving the feed all day.

5 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Well, Baez has gone from the guy that can’t hit to the poster boy for the entire offense. 
I’m sure Hinch will be able to break it down for me postgame. 

I can break it down for ya on behalf of AJ - 

200w (4).gif