4/9/24 12:35PM EDT Tigers @ Pirates

I don’t think ‘must win’ is hyperbole at this point. This team is on its heels right now. 
We looked at this series as a possible road trip a while back. Concerns about the temperatures there in early April and such a short turnaround in travel persuaded us to skip this one. 
Barring a Casey Mize no-hitter today, no regrets. 

34 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I don’t think ‘must win’ is hyperbole at this point. This team is on its heels right now. 
We looked at this series as a possible road trip a while back. Concerns about the temperatures there in early April and such a short turnaround in travel persuaded us to skip this one. 
Barring a Casey Mize no-hitter today, no regrets. 

I guess it depends on what you expected this season? if you see this as another development season there is no such thing as a must win game

I expect this team to compete for the division title. Until proven otherwise, it’s the weakest division in baseball. If they’re not competitive this year there are problems higher up than the players on the field. The Spiders/Indians/Guardians just lost Bieber for this season. There isn’t any excuse to not be at or near the top of this division. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

It's been a Tale of Two Small Sample Sizes. Five-and-oh, then 1-4. Pretty much how .500 teams play.

I think there are some folks that follow baseball too much like football, at least in terms of a game by game basis.  Having said that, the Tigers won their first football game 6-4.  Not sure if that's an apt comparison or not.

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

I expect this team to compete for the division title. Until proven otherwise, it’s the weakest division in baseball. If they’re not competitive this year there are problems higher up than the players on the field. The Spiders/Indians/Guardians just lost Bieber for this season. There isn’t any excuse to not be at or near the top of this division. 

Tigers managment did not expect that. They put out a development team with a few low risk vets. Low risk is the how they operate. If they contend, it's a bonus.

They want to operate like Milwaukee, Cleveland, Tampa, etc. The young players have to perform....you aren't getting help elswhere.

Edited by kdog
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What a beautiful ballpark.       With a park like that, the fans deserve a better team year after year.     I have got to see a game there.  

Wait, Pittsburgh or Detroit?