20234-24 14-68. Now what? (The 2024 Offseason thread)

I can't see how Troy Weaver survives after another horrible season.  Then he gets into with fans?   

They're paying the coach an awful lot of money to cut him loose after just one year

Where does this team go?    We already got our #1 draft lottery, that's not gonna happen again. 

The fan base isn't even angry anymore,  they're apathetic, which is 100 times worse

Now what?    What happens next? 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Where does this team go?    We already got our #1 draft lottery, that's not gonna happen again. 

They could fire Weaver, fire Williams, bring in a new GM who will draft a player to complement Cade, move everyone else they can for players that actually make a team, and become a respectable if not deep playoff calibre team. Or they can do what Gores is most likely to do, which is give us another round of the same incompetence and futility and we can watch Cade walk at the end of '25

Edited by gehringer_2

Is it pointless to fire Troy Weaver as GM without also firing the bum of a Team President/Chief Executive that hired him in the first place in Arn Tellem? Also, firing shouldn't we be firing Tellem's son, who should have never been giving the Director of Scouting job in the first place? Why would we allow Tellem to hire another GM when he's the one that brought us Weaver.

Just now, Shinzaki said:

Normally I'm not a "fire the owner" guy...but in this case...it seems like a complete top to bottom change is needed. Does Sheila Ford Hamp like basketball?

I'm not sure what changes will matter unless one of them is the owner.

JEIII with an article talking about 5 guys to watch for the president job. Pretty uninspiring.

John Horst - current Milwaukee GM.

John Hammond - We all know him. 

Neil Olshey - Decent but had some accusations in Portland that weren't great. Not real sure how all that ended up.

Bryson Graham - Pelicans assistant GM. He said he is the young up and comer.

The last one, I kid you not, Dwayne Casey.

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Translation: That skill I should have mastered in 8th grade?  I am finally catching on 4 years into my NBA career.

wait....he thinks he IMPROVED and is doing those things correctly now?  oh my.

56 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

JEIII with an article talking about 5 guys to watch for the president job. Pretty uninspiring.

John Horst - current Milwaukee GM.

John Hammond - We all know him. 

Neil Olshey - Decent but had some accusations in Portland that weren't great. Not real sure how all that ended up.

Bryson Graham - Pelicans assistant GM. He said he is the young up and comer.

The last one, I kid you not, Dwayne Casey.

it'll be izzo.