New Lions Uniforms

36 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Sure looks like it, which automatically makes this jersey upgrade a win.

I agree but considering that his daughter is the current owner, it's a bit odd that they'd remove his initials from the jersey. 

I glad they fixed the numbers. I ****ing hated those italics or whatever they called them.

I also like how they are going to have "DETROIT" above the front number on the road whites and "LIONS" on the home blacks. That's a very baseball thing to do. I kind of wish they would add "LIONS" to the home blues.

3 hours ago, Nate7474 said:

I disagree. I actually think the black ones are my favorite ones of the release. It could be that I don’t love the team colors to begin with but that’s what they have to work with. 

I really an all blue, color rush type of jersey instead of the black ones. Oh well, it's just a jersey at the end of the day. If the football team that plays in them is good, that's what matters.

2 hours ago, RedRamage said:

I heard they're adding WCF to helmet.

I looked it up, it'll be a decal on the helmet. One step closer to not referencing him at all, and at least when I purchase a jersey it won't be defaced with the initials.

I really hated that if you can't tell.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I looked it up, it'll be a decal on the helmet. One step closer to not referencing him at all, and at least when I purchase a jersey it won't be defaced with the initials.

I really hated that if you can't tell.

I'm really no fan of it either. I have ZERO problem with them putting in on after he died to remember him... love him or hate him (or just dislike his ownership style) he was still a owner for a major period of time and it's fine to recognize that a memorialize him for a year... but after that? No reason to keep in going for years and years and years.

He didn't found the Lions. He didn't revolutionize anything in the game or the league. At best you can say he may have keep the league somewhat afloat with Ford advertisements before the NFL became the powerhouse it is now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Just randomly adding black into your jersey is dumb. If you are the Raiders or Steelers and black is apart of your team colors then obviously fine. But just because you can have a black uniform doesn't mean you should.

That's how I feel, too, but we're in the minority. I will say that this black jersey is a thousand times better than the previous version. Overall, I'm happy with new unis, mainly because they ditched the stupid custom number font in favor of classic block numbers. They're clean and simple with no unnecessary outlines, although I wouldn't mind no outline at all. 

• Like 1

If they had really wanted to be creative with the alternates, they could have gone with all-gold. Closer to the color of lions in the wild. Anzalone with his mane almost could have passed as a real lion.

Edited by lordstanley

Are the new jerseys available yet for custom jerseys? I didn't see them on the official NFL/Lions shop. I want either a Frank Ragnow or Alim McNeil jersey. I like to get jerseys from roll players, obscure players, and the like that not everyone has. Everyone has a Barry, Calvin, Stafford, Goff, St. Brown, Hutch jersey. I want something to go along with my other role player jerseys.

I was also looking at getting one of the throwback jerseys and was disappointed to see I couldn't get a custom one. I see they have Herman Moore and Barry available but not #19 Scott Mitchell. I've been wanting a Mitchell throwback but it looks like I'll have to search for a used one there.

I see the new jerseys are now available for custom jerseys. I'm looking at get a custom home jersey for one of the role players or obscure players on the roster. I'm thinking of getting either Nate Sudfeld, Iffy Melifonwu, Frank Ragnow, or Dan Skipper. I've got a small collection of role players like Kirk Maltby, Darren Helm, Joel Zumaya.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad