4/27/24 6:10PM Royals @ Tigers

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Are you kidding? He makes excuses for our mistakes. Bad hop...cut of the grass...every time.

Gibby's no where close to CMo's constant slurpfest...hell, Gibby's already either been critical or ominously silent after bad things happening this game all night; whereas CMo would have made excuses and spun spun spun it all into a poop sandwich of "positivity".

Edited by Dtrain72

37 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

F*ck yeah!  And I gave Harris flack for his what seemed underwhelming Canna signing, but dude has been a major catalyst for this offense...looks like a really good signing.

Vierling gets a lot of flack (particularly from certain podcast hosts), but even with Maton and Sands out of the organization, I'd rather have Vierling than Gregory Soto. And it's not even close

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Gibby's no where close to CMo's constant slurpfest...hell, Gibby's already either been critical or ominously silent after bad things happening this game all night; whereas CMo would have made excuses and spun spun spun it all into a poop sandwich of "positivity".

True...Monroe irritates me.

It felt like the Tigers should have been down big in the first few innings. KC totally outplayed us and we were bumbling around. But again, a late comeback and we pull one out. 4 errors in a win is pretty rare. But I like our chances tomorrow to win the series. Skubal is a beast!

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

It felt like the Tigers should have been down big in the first few innings. KC totally outplayed us and we were bumbling around. But again, a late comeback and we pull one out. 4 errors in a win is pretty rare. But I like our chances tomorrow to win the series. Skubal is a beast!

Speaking of bumbling around,  Torkelbust is cementing his status as a DH more and more.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The best thing today, for our long term future, is that Casey Mize is not showing any signs of post TJ struggles.  He's not totally back yet, not 100%, but he's not struggling and that bodes well for the Tigers future.  

They are 5-0 when he starts! Consistently gives the team the chance to win.

You'd like to see a little more in the K department (along with swing and miss), but on balance he's pitched well. And yeah, he deserves better than the kind of defense he got while he was in the game. Just not acceptable, and AJ said as much in his press conference tonight.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

They are 5-0 when he starts! Consistently gives the team the chance to win.

You'd like to see a little more in the K department (along with swing and miss), but on balance he's pitched well. And yeah, he deserves better than the kind of defense he got while he was in the game. Just not acceptable, and AJ said as much in his press conference tonight.

The Ks,  I think that's why he's not 100% back yet, but I think that will be better, but I don't expect him to be a big strikeout guy anyway.          

This Bad News Bears defense has got to stop.  

Torkelson is going to scuffle until he decides to look outside for either the FB or slider and serve it into RF. He's looking for everything in and they are just pitching him away  or off the plate inside and he's being totally mule-headed about it. The most obvious one was after he laced a ball down the LF line foul, you could have bet grandma's SS check the next pitch was going away - and it was 93, thigh high on the outer third screaming 'hit me' and Tork took it. You have to give an MLB pitcher some credit - he's not going to pitch you where you want it just because - you 1st have to make him  pay for pitching it somewhere else.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1