#23 Ohio Skool of Dishwashing and Playing with Oneself (in best schools for veterans) at #8 Michigan (in best schools for veterans).

romad1

O$U 41

Michigan 24

osu scores touchdowns and michigan kicks field goals.  i really dont see how michigan stops that offense.  they just dont have the corners to do it, no one does.  

theyre gonna try to slow down the game and use the clock.  theyre gonna need a couple osu turnovers.  theyre gonna need some luck.

ohio state is the most talented team in the country, it just sucks for michigan that theyre the biggest rival and the team they have to play at the end of the year.  michigan is 10-1.  its been a great year.  theyre probably the 4th best team in the country this year.

that's a great achievement that will all go out the window when osu blows the doors off them again.

OSU is not the most talented team in the country. 

They are third most talented behind Georgia and Alabama according to the 247 talent composite, which I think is right on this year. 

Also, I find the O$U thing being used funny, they all can and should be taking advantage of NIL rules. Michigan is too. 

17 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I received news this morning that I was accepted to the incoming class at the University of Michigan Law School.

We'll see if my record at Michigan against Ohio State is any better than Jim's. 😉 

Just what the world needed!

I’m joking. Congrats on that achievement.    They are the OSU football of law schools. 

21 hours ago, RedTeamGo! said:

Not sure about this game.

My brain says OSU is going to win by 21 points or more. 

My gut says UM is going to make this a game and maybe win. They are certainly due. 

Listen to your brain on this one because what it's telling you is right. Listen to your brain and remember the guy whose on the other sideline coaching Michigan. You're playing one of the worst big game coaches at a major program. Harbaugh is a colossal failure when it comes to playing in and winning big games against rivals and/or highly ranked opponents. While other coaches fire their teams up, make adjustments, and rally back in the event they are down, Michigan takes their foot off the gas (or never gets on it to begin with), plays scared, doesn't adjust after halftime, and tries not to lose instead of being aggressive.

Just take a look at the numbers and you should feel a healthy dose of optimism:

0-5 against Ohio State

Michigan has lost by an average of 19 points to Ohio State under Harbaugh

2-13 against Top 10 opponents

10-18 against teams that finished the season ranked

20 hours ago, Hongbit said:

My prediction is this will be Jim Harbaugh’s last home game as UM head coach. 

OSU 49

Michigan 15

spacer.png

That would be a nice score and seeing Harbaugh leave for the NFL would also be great. I'd like Ohio State to be able to cross 50 though. I want a beatdown big enough that the university is forced to have the conversation about getting rid of Harbaugh at season's end, not waiting until next year.

I'm sticking with 62-30. I think if and when Ohio State can force Michigan to abandon their running game early, like they did with Michigan State, you'll start to see the game get out of hand. Forcing Cade to beat you and dominating time of possession by stifling Michigan's running game and making them go through quick drives will benefit Ohio State. We've also seen this season, per the MSU game, that when you go up tempo against Michigan they struggle. I think Ohio State can both control TOP and push the tempo to give Michigan trouble early and often. I think it gets out of hand early, as the MSU game did, and falls apart from there for Michigan and gets stronger for Ohio State. 

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

11 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

That would be a nice score and seeing Harbaugh leave for the NFL would also be great. I'd like Ohio State to be able to cross 50 though. I want a beatdown big enough that the university is forced to have the conversation about getting rid of Harbaugh at season's end, not waiting until next year.

I'm sticking with 62-30. I think if and when Ohio State can force Michigan to abandon their running game early, like they did with Michigan State, you'll start to see the game get out of hand. Forcing Cade to beat you and dominating time of possession by stifling Michigan's running game and making them go through quick drives will benefit Ohio State. We've also seen this season, per the MSU game, that when you go up tempo against Michigan they struggle. I think Ohio State can both control TOP and push the tempo to give Michigan trouble early and often. I think it gets out of hand early, as the MSU game did, and falls apart from there for Michigan and gets stronger for Ohio State. 

how did the msu game get out of hand early?  they were up by double digits in the 3rd quarter.

and really, i love how you hope michigan fires a guy who wins 10 games in hopes that they can hire a guy who will win 11.  the last time michigan lost a successful coach they hired rich rod.  and then brady hoke.  what gives you any hope that they will hire the next nick saban?

your ideas for what michigan should be do not conform with the reality of the 2021 college football landscape.  yes, they could be marginally more successful, but they arent going to be ohio state until they open the playoff to more teams.  and even then i doubt they go to the lengths osu goes to ensure they have a winning college football program.

honestly tater, you might just want to consider rooting for another team.  its obvious you get no pleasure out of michigan anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

how did the msu game get out of hand early?  they were up by double digits in the 3rd quarter.

and really, i love how you hope michigan fires a guy who wins 10 games in hopes that they can hire a guy who will win 11.  the last time michigan lost a successful coach they hired rich rod.  and then brady hoke.  what gives you any hope that they will hire the next nick saban?

your ideas for what michigan should be do not conform with the reality of the 2021 college football landscape.  yes, they could be marginally more successful, but they arent going to be ohio state until they open the playoff to more teams.  and even then i doubt they go to the lengths osu goes to ensure they have a winning college football program.

honestly tater, you might just want to consider rooting for another team.  its obvious you get no pleasure out of michigan anymore.

I don’t believe Michigan will technically fire Harbaugh.   He will leave on his own when they don’t give him a raise after winning 10 games.   

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

i think that is the least likely scenario.

Are you thunking that Michigan will renegotiate his contract again and pay him?  

I don’t know what Warde Manuel  is thinking but Harbaugh is not going to coach next year as the 10th highest paid coach in the conference.    

17 hours ago, RedTeamGo! said:

OSU is not the most talented team in the country. 

They are third most talented behind Georgia and Alabama according to the 247 talent composite, which I think is right on this year. 

Also, I find the O$U thing being used funny, they all can and should be taking advantage of NIL rules. Michigan is too. 

People just don't get the difference in what OSU football means to OSU vs what UM football means to UM. I'm working with a GSI who graduated from OSU last year. She was telling her freshman UM students about how during OHIO state week legions of OSU students fan out across town to duct tape out the M's on all the signs they can find. Regardless of whether you think it's good or bad, it's just fact that that kind of energy does doesn't exist at Michigan. I was here from the the first big win in '69 and even then it was never that intense. 

Ohio State has put themselves where they are because it's important to them - it's another reflection of the same set of circumstances that make Ohio HS football the best recruiting in the midwest. And as Buddha says, the structure of the playoff has only stabilized the differential between playoff contenders and everyone else.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I don’t believe Michigan will technically fire Harbaugh.   He will leave on his own when they don’t give him a raise after winning 10 games.   

13 minutes ago, buddha said:

i think that is the least likely scenario.

I don't think he is going anywhere regardless of the score in their last two games. I think after last season they were willing to see him go, but IMO the 10 win season has changed that.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Are you thunking that Michigan will renegotiate his contract again and pay him?  

I don’t know what Warde Manuel  is thinking but Harbaugh is not going to coach next year as the 10th highest paid coach in the conference.    

i think its more likely they will re-negotiate and he'll stay.  

unless harbaugh wants out and wants to go back to the nfl.  which is always a possibility.

27 minutes ago, buddha said:

I think he is referring to the OSU/MSU game getting out of hand early

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

i think its more likely they will re-negotiate and he'll stay.  

unless harbaugh wants out and wants to go back to the nfl.  which is always a possibility.

Or the other possibility is he just retires. To play internet shrink - he just doesn't seem all there to me anymore. You hear him talk a lot about his enthusiasm, but his affect as he says it makes a liar of him.

Edited by gehringer_2

19 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

People just don't get the difference in what OSU football means to OSU vs what UM football means to UM. I'm working with a GSI who graduated from OSU last year. She was telling her freshman UM students about how during OHIO state week legions of OSU students fan out across town to duct tape out the M's on all the signs they can find. Regardless of whether you think it's good or bad, it's just fact that that kind of energy does doesn't exist at Michigan. I was here from the the first big win in '69 and even then it was never that intense. 

Ohio State has put themselves where they are because it's important to them - it's another reflection of the same set of circumstances that make Ohio HS football the best recruiting in the midwest. And as Buddha says, the structure of the playoff has only stabilized the differential between playoff contenders and everyone else.

Great post! I completely agree with everything you said. I actually think it is kind of embarrassing how over-the-top OSU fans get about this rivalry and football in general. However, you can tell it works. I was watching an interview with Denzel Burke, the freshman CB that has quickly turned into one of the best defensive backs in the B1G. He is from Arizona. The reporter was just asking him generic questions about the rivalry, however, he was asked if he knew what this rivalry really meant before he hit campus in the spring, and he said "No, I really didn't. I knew it was big, but once you are on campus you quickly realize how big of a deal it is. They say its 365 days and I didn't really get what that meant until I was here, it truly is 365 days a year we focus on TTUN. Every day we have to do something to prepare for the TTUN game. We cannot wait for this game, we live for this game. It is going to be so much fun." 

I think that is the biggest difference, OSU players and coaches respect the hell out of UM. It might not seem like it from UM POV, because of how lopsided it has been recently. But, they take UM sooooooo seriously. That is why it was crazy when Harbuagh said it was just another game to him and the team a few years ago. That is the absolute polar opposite of how OSU coaches and players view UM. It is absolutely not just another game to them. It is the super bowl. Winning a national championship/going to the CFP is just a potential cherry on top. Any given season is won or lost by how the UM game goes. A loss = season is a complete failure. A win = season is a complete success. 

Edited by RedTeamGo!

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Or the other possibility is he just retires. To play internet shrink - he just doesn't seem all there to me anymore. You hear him talk a lot about his enthusiasm, but his affect as he says it makes a liar of him.

i think he's definitely slown down on the recruiting stuff.  he came in like a house on fire and now he seems much more reserved.  but he has put a younger, seemingly more aggressive staff to help in that regard. i dont know if we'll see the fruits of that in this class, but potentially down the road.

where the really need to get better is in their nil usage and their transfer portal policies.  but i still think a lot of that is out of their hands.  if admissions is going to be a stickler for stuff, theyre not going to get a lot of these kids.

xavier worthy to texas was a killer for them.  kid just got tired of waiting for admissions to approve him so he went to texas.  and texas is a good school!  i think that happens to michigan more than it needs to.

i think ohio state and bama and clemson and the sec schools realize what college football really is in 2021: the minor leagues.  and they have worked within the current system to take advantage of it.  

and im not saying "they all cheat and michigan is pure", i dont believe that for a second (although i think most of those schools do pay players and michigan probably has boosters who do too), but rather those schools can deal more effectively with their admissions and university to get marginal kids in and smooth over some of the rough edges on kids.  i think theres part of harbaugh that still thinks michigan "doesnt play those games and kids are here to go to school" (as evidenced in his comments about michigan when he was stanford's head coach) and that might be the right thing to do for the kids, but is probably not the best way to get a top 5 recruiting class and keep them.