Jump to content

5/29/24 DH Game 1 12:40PM Pirates @ Tigers


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, kdog said:

Kerry Carpenter is unavailable due to lower back discomfort. He's gone to the IL for Akil Baddoo.

That is bad news.

Why.  Baddoo is hitting 1.000 with an OPS of 4.000.   That is LEGENDARY !

 

In all seriousness, his OBP at Toledo this year is .360.      Isn't that what they need? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, kdog said:

Kerry Carpenter is unavailable due to lower back discomfort. He's gone to the IL for Akil Baddoo.

That is bad news.

We can't have nice things. Carpenter is one of the top hitters in baseball this month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It's pretty cloudy out. Better call the games off, it may rain. Games are now called off because of forecasts, not the actual weather. Welcome to the climate change era.

This was the radar at 6:00 PM yesterday, this is moving south.

 

 

 

radar.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It's pretty cloudy out. Better call the games off, it may rain. Games are now called off because of forecasts, not the actual weather. Welcome to the climate change era.

Okay.  How about this.   Tarik Skubal starts.  Pitches 2 innings and then it rains, we get a 90 minute delay and then his day is done.   That's why they call these games early now - because they don't want to waste a start from the pitchers.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Okay.  How about this.   Tarik Skubal starts.  Pitches 2 innings and then it rains, we get a 90 minute delay and then his day is done.   That's why they call these games early now - because they don't want to waste a start from the pitchers.   

and if they wait until it really does rain, fans complain that "they just wanted the parking and beer money before calling it".

Pro Tip:  If you use the ParkWhiz app and search for the lots based on "Detroit Tigers" in the search criteria as an event, rather than just randomly searching for a lot, if the game is cancelled you get your money back.  At least that's how it was a few years ago.  Pleasant surprise.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

seems like a bit of a risky way to get to the park on the day you pitch.  also, i wonder where those guys stay that the scooter was a viable option

There's a Hilton and a couple of "boutique" hotels just a few blocks away.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the team keeps a couple of apartment or condos handy for situations like this so a player has a place to stay for these short callups.  In fact, I think the CBA requires initial accommodations for a number of days.  

But I don't like those scooters.  I once was on a group run and the lady I ran with worked at Children's Hospital.  Said at least once a week they get a kid in there with a head injury from those things. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After about a month or whatever it was with using the Bally's App, my only real complaint is the pregame and game are considered different "programs" so that if I put the app on during the pregame and then go about my business, like working, I look up and sudden it ended and I have to hit "watch" again to get to the game.   The app usually goes dark during commercial breaks so my eyes and ears don't notice when nothing is going on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

There's a Hilton and a couple of "boutique" hotels just a few blocks away.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the team keeps a couple of apartment or condos handy for situations like this so a player has a place to stay for these short callups.  In fact, I think the CBA requires initial accommodations for a number of days.  

But I don't like those scooters.  I once was on a group run and the lady I ran with worked at Children's Hospital.  Said at least once a week they get a kid in there with a head injury from those things. 

 

I still see a lot of teams staying at the Townsend in Birmingham.  I know some NBA teams stay at the Godfrey now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Okay.  How about this.   Tarik Skubal starts.  Pitches 2 innings and then it rains, we get a 90 minute delay and then his day is done.   That's why they call these games early now - because they don't want to waste a start from the pitchers.   

That makes sense. But it didn't rain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

woah...fans out of seats.  lightning.  If this was my softball league I couldn't play. 

I turned on the TV and was wondering why I couldn’t see one fan in the home plate area, just the camera person. I was afraid Covid had come back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      264
    • Most Online
      206

    Newest Member
    Rooster
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...