Bears at Lions. a turkey matchup for turkey day

buddha

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

What has Dan Campbell done to show that he can be even an average NFL head coach?  

Can anyone give an answer without using a caveat, qualifier, justification, or excuse?

- Lost by 8 to 5-5 49ers with this roster

- Did enough to beat 7-3 Ravens with this roster

- Lost by 2 to 5-5 Vikings with this roster

- Lost by 9 to 7-3 Rams with this roster

- Tied 5-4-1 Steelers with this roster

- Lost by 3 to 6-5 Browns with this roster

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Off to Ma's house. 

You guys have a great Thanksgiving. 

Glad we were able to rebuild something here on this new site.  Those two weeks were empty and sad.   Thanks for letting me vent and joke around with you bums. 

Decker Sucks. 

Go get after that food. 

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

- Lost by 8 to 5-5 49ers with this roster

- Did enough to beat 7-3 Ravens with this roster

- Lost by 2 to 5-5 Vikings with this roster

- Lost by 9 to 7-3 Rams with this roster

- Tied 5-4-1 Steelers with this roster

- Lost by 3 to 6-5 Browns with this roster

You listed 5 losses each with an excuse. 

The answer to my question is nothing.   

12 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

This is ignoring all the blunders in close games.  

I get it, I thought Holmes should have been given full autonomy to hire his guy, prior to Campbell coming in. I don't disagree that his clock and time management at times have head scratching. As has his play calling, deciding to run on 2nd or 3rd and long. That said, I think what Campbell and Lynn want to really do is hamstrung by how bad their roster is on offense. Campbell might turn out to be a disaster, but I'm not using this season to determine that.

0-9-1 seems to reflect the level of talent on this team. And yes Dan Campbell bears some responsibility for his part as well.

I'm just suggesting that canning the coaching staff 11 games in isn't gonna change a damn thing about their situation. It's still a Godawful roster that will struggle to win any games.

Edited by mtutiger

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

0-9-1 seems to reflect the level of talent on this team. And yes Dan Campbell bears some responsibility for his part as well.

I'm just suggesting that canning the coaching staff 11 games in isn't gonna change a damn thing about their situation. It's still a Godawful roster that will struggle to win any games.

Well, if they changed the org chart it would.  There is no doubt that this going to lead to tension between Campbell and Holmes.  Assume Holmes continues to draft well and Campbell continues to think it’s 1975, the internal strife will doom any potential success of this rebuild.  The org chart is a real concern.  

Just now, TP_Fan said:

Well, if they changed the org chart it would.  There is no doubt that this going to lead to tension between Campbell and Holmes.  Assume Holmes continues to draft well and Campbell continues to think it’s 1975, the internal strife will doom any potential success of this rebuild.  The org chart is a real concern.  

It's not like no-one noted at the time that generally the best course is to bring in a GM first and let him hire his staff. 

2 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

A rose by any other name.  You’ve spent your time here today telling us how Campbell shouldn’t be judged. 

I've spent my time saying his play calling sucks and suggesting that the Lions talent is so Godawful that it makes it hard to determine how much is coaching and how much is talent.

I'm sorry that not everyone sees everything as black and white as you do.

Just now, mtutiger said:

I've spent my time saying his play calling sucks and suggesting that the Lions talent is so Godawful that it makes it hard to determine how much is coaching and how much is talent.

I'm sorry that not everyone sees everything as black and white as you do.

Not being able to judge a coach’s ability based on lack of talent is a real cop out though.  There have been plenty of situations this year that have shown how poorly Campbell understand situational football, that is all being ignored because of “lack of talent.”

Just now, TP_Fan said:

Not being able to judge a coach’s ability based on lack of talent is a real cop out though.  There have been plenty of situations this year that have shown how poorly Campbell understand situational football, that is all being ignored because of “lack of talent.”

Maybe he sucks and will be gone within a couple of years. I really dont know.

But firing him right now will not change a single thing about their situation.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

Maybe he sucks and will be gone within a couple of years. I really dont know.

But firing him right now will not change a single thing about their situation.

Yes, it will. It will align the org chart.   The current setup is only going to get worse.