6/8/24 4:10PM Brewers @ Tigers

I do not understand this lineup. Our best outfielder is playing third base, our best third basemen is playing first base and our two worst outfielders are both in the game together when a better outfielder is the DH. Did I get that right ? Maybe the worst outfield arms in the game all playing together with Perez on the bench. Why not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalTiger said:

I do not understand this lineup. Our best outfielder is playing third base, our best third basemen is playing first base and our two worst outfielders are both in the game together when a better outfielder is the DH. Did I get that right ? Maybe the worst outfield arms in the game all playing together with Perez on the bench. Why not.

I hate a platoon system in so many positions. It's what we get with a manager who has access to way too many stats. It's like in fantasy football when a receiver has a huge week, everyone plays him the following week. They call it "chasing points" and it very rarely works. Modern baseball being played on a computer...gotta love it. 🤔

3 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

How dare you question the genius that is Mr Garbage Can, AJ Hinch.

3 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

It’ll be explained as a semi day off for Canha at DH.  I get that.  But not if it means Baddoo in RF.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, casimir said:

It’ll be explained as a semi day off for Canha at DH.  I get that.  But not if it means Baddoo in RF.

Players unfamiliar with each other leads to one run and using a LF that can't even keep a guy from getting to third on a FB leads to another. Hinch being the smartest guy in the room.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

I think today's game is the ceiling for Casey Mize.  He is a legit #4 guy in a rotation.

You can't judge anything about this season.  It takes these guys a solid year after Tommy John surgery to get right again.  Based on others we have seen coming back from TJ surgery, Mize is actually doing alright.    Next year is when you'll get a truer sense of Mize. 

Fulmer was awful his first year back, then very good the next

Spencer Turnbull is really good after having a terrible return year.   

Patience.............