Cardinals at Lions

buddha

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

This makes me wish we could have seen what Aaron Glenn could have done with Okudah. 

After Okudah went down I was looking at the 1st round CB's in next year's draft thinking "damn, gonna have to draft another high round CB to fix this secondary."

I'm not thinking that anymore...

Now it's "Holmes will find some guy in the 3rd-4th-5th round that Glenn is going to turn onto an All-Pro."

I am no longer worried about our secondary.

On 12/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, TP_Fan said:

Athletes are so damn dumb. 

Maybe it's Omicron?  If so, it is highly contagious, but presents symptoms similar to a common cold.

The vaccines have been very effective in keeping breakthrough infections of the other strains from putting people in the hospital/ICU or morgue.

Given that something like 85% of the country is vaxxed at least to some degree), and the rest can easily obtain the vax, quarantine isnt the necessity that it was earlier in the pandemic.

When these new pills hit the street that the FDA just approved, which are designed to tamp down symptoms after presentment and keep people out of the ICU and morgue, existing strains of COVID should be no more dangerous than colds and flus.

But yeah, athletes are stupid sometimes.

Edited by sabretooth

For the record I'm not arguing against quarantining people who are infected at this point.  

When these new pills are released and tried out across the country, we will see how necessary quarantining is at that time.

We are fast approaching a point, especially with the new pills, where cases shouldn't cause quarantines, unless some new and different strain comes into play that cannot be effectively ameliorated by vaccinations, the new pills, or antibodies.

5 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

This makes me wish we could have seen what Aaron Glenn could have done with Okudah. 

Don’t forget about your boys Diggs and Slay.     Looks like Q with the back to back pro bowls wasn’t as washed as you thought when we traded him.  Can’t go back and look on Slay but I’ll give you the benefit that it was mainly the money he wanted and not his skills you were dogging when they traded him.  

Edited by Hongbit

4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Don’t forget about your boys Diggs and Slay.     Looks like Q with the back to back pro bowls wasn’t as washed as you thought when we traded him.  Can’t go back and look on Slay but I’ll give you the benefit that it was mainly the money he wanted and not his skills you were dogging when they traded him.  

Slay has had a good year this year but he was not that great last year nor the last season or two in Detroit and was only getting older and more expensive. 

Quandre Diggs, per pff, has been worse in Seattle than Detroit but of course he's a pro bowler now. 

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Slay has had a good year this year but he was not that great last year nor the last season or two in Detroit and was only getting older and more expensive. 

Quandre Diggs, per pff, has been worse in Seattle than Detroit but of course he's a pro bowler now. 

Careful putting too much weight into pff rankings.   They are sus.   Do you have any idea what type of formulas they use and how they even come up with their rankings?   

8 hours ago, Cruzer1 said:

They claim it's from watching tape on every play.

Right. Which makes it completely subjective.  

I can’t imagine how many self-trained amateur scouts they must use to go through every play for every player in the league.  They can try to get some commonality among them but it’s impossible.   They also are assuming what the intended play call and assignment is for each player.   Every play they make the decision on if a player did their job when they dont really know the exact assignment.   How does that work.  Another factor is they cant effectively account for who the individual opponent is on a play.   An example of a guy like Amani 24 covering Justin Jefferson is much different than an AJ Parker on the other side covering KJ Osborn.  Yet at the end of the game they line their pff numbers up together and rank them against their teammates as if everything was equal.  It’s not and it really can’t be quantified in that system. 

I don’t think pff numbers are compete trash.  I think they have some value but they can’t sit on their own as a way to measure how good someone is a player.      

Edited by Hongbit

17 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'll say PFF's amateur scouts are better than fans that vote for the Pro Bowl. 

Fans make up for only 1/3 of the vote.   Players and coaches make up the other 2/3.  

I know you are stubborn but wouldnt it just be easier to say hats off to Nino.  He proved me wrong and giving him away for a 7th was one of the worst deals of the Quintricia era.   We can call it a Christmas miracle that you admitted you were weren’t right on something.   

22 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Fans make up for only 1/3 of the vote.   Players and coaches make up the other 2/3.  

I know you are stubborn but wouldnt it just be easier to say hats off to Nino.  He proved me wrong and giving him away for a 7th was one of the worst deals of the Quintricia era.   We can call it a Christmas miracle that you admitted you were weren’t right on something.   

Literally no one mentioned anything about Diggs or Slay until you came along and picked an argument. You're still on that two years later and you accuse me of being stubborn. 

19 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Literally no one mentioned anything about Diggs or Slay until you came along and picked an argument. You're still on that two years later and you accuse me of being stubborn. 

Sigh.  You really are a gem.    

Merry Christmas Bombers! 

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I don't think coaches or players watch other players throughout the league that closely unless of course they are playing them and even then after they get done playing the team they don't keep tabs on them the rest of the way so I don't know how accurate their judging is either. 

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't think coaches or players watch other players throughout the league that closely unless of course they are playing them and even then after they get done playing the team they don't keep tabs on them the rest of the way so I don't know how accurate their judging is either. 

I think that used to be true but that’s changed with all the advances in tech.  Everyone has a tablet loaded with specialized video software developed for football.   They all watch endless tape on teams they play and in doing so they see all the other teams they’ve played.    I just saw something on Hard Knocks Indy (which is the best of the series btw) where Darius Leonard watched every run play the Pats ran all season to prep for them. He ended up watching 14 games worth of film just for one game.