Cardinals at Lions

buddha

21 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The catch rule over-ruled the ball in the end zone rule there. It wasn't a catch so it couldn't be a TD regardless of whether the ball was in the end zone.

There was info out there that the pylon is out of bounds.  That doesn’t appear to be the case anymore.  The scenario that was quoted from was where the receiver actually got both feet down inbounds but because his leg hit the pylon before the second foot came down inbounds it was incomplete.

Edited by sagnam

Loved this game. I've been seeing it all season, a team that is competing their tails off every week and just has the look of a team/culture that is headed in the right direction. I don't know where it goes from here but I firmly believe that Holmes and Campbell are steering this ship in the right direction.

As far as the draft spot is concerned, I don't really care tbh. Hutch, Thibs, Hamilton. All these guys are game changers and none really stand out above the other. It's quite possible that Hutch drops to the Lions even if they end up at 2 or 3 so I'm not too concerned, I just want to see this team build confidence headed into the offseason and nothing builds confidence more than wins.

Now if the Pistons win today, the world might implode.

Edited by NYLion

11 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Loved this game. I've been seeing it all season, a team that is competing their tails off every week and just has the look of a team/culture that is headed in the right direction. I don't know where it goes from here but I firmly believe that Holmes and Campbell are steering this ship in the right direction.

As far as the draft spot is concerned, I don't really care tbh. Hutch, Thibs, Hamilton. All these guys are game changers and none really stand out above the other. It's quite possible that Hutch drops to the Lions even if they end up at 2 or 3 so I'm not too concerned, I just want to see this team build confidence headed into the offseason and nothing builds confidence more than wins.

Now if the Pistons win today, the world might implode.

Winning covers a lot of blemishes. The Cards really overlooked the Lions, there's no arguing they have a more talented roster. But Campbell has the Lions playing good ball. It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up with 4 wins. Beat an Atlanta team that really isn't very good and maybe Green Bay won't have anything to play for. We should still get a good player drafting in the top 10.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The worst thing about this game for the Lions is that Aaron Glenn may have secured a head coaching job in the offseason. 

Not a chance. He’s done a decent job with what he has but I can’t imagine anyone hiring the defensive coordinator from a 2-11-1 team.    I’’ll be shocked if he even gets an interview anywhere but that is at least possible.   

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Not a chance. He’s done a decent job with what he has but I can’t imagine anyone hiring the defensive coordinator from a 2-11-1 team.    I’’ll be shocked if he even gets an interview anywhere but that is at least possible.   

The Jets interviewed him last year for their head coaching job. I don't think he's done anything to ruin his chances at more interviews. 

1 hour ago, sagnam said:

There was info out there that the pylon is out of bounds.  That doesn’t appear to be the case anymore.  The scenario that was quoted from was where the receiver actually got both feet down inbounds but because his leg hit the pylon before the second foot came down inbounds it was incomplete.

The pylon is on the chalk line, so it is out of bounds, but on the other hand the vertical plane above the sideline has never mattered. As long as your feet got down it doesn't matter how much of your body or the ball is across the sideline plane. So if they changed the rule about contacting the pylon that sounds a good correction.

Edited by gehringer_2

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The pylon is on the chalk line, so it is out of bounds, but on the other hand the vertical plane above the sideline has never mattered. As long as your feet got down it doesn't matter how much of your body or the ball is across the sideline plane. So if they changed the rule about contacting the pylon that sounds a good correction.

It actually did matter before, that’s what I’m saying.

https://www.nfl.info/nflmedia/news/2001news/Player Hits Pylon-Out Of Bounds.htm

• Like 1

The 2021 Draft so far. 

1 - Sewell - has been very good after a few rocky rookie weeks. 

2 - Onwuzurike -  Hard to grade him because he is part of a rotation, but he has not been bad

3 - McNeill has had some really good flashes and looks like a solid Round 3 guy

3 - Melifonwu - Incomplete

4 - St. Brown - He's become a very good slot receiver/safety valve.  Last dropped pass was Week 2.  Goff really trusts him now.  He might be one of the steals of the draft

4 - Derrick Barnes  - He's alright.  Not great, pretty decent rookie season for a 4th round guy

7 - Jamar Jefferson -  When he was healthy and when he played he was better than a 7th rounder.  

Draft this well for 2 more years and you might have something.   

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Because we've had SO much success by losing and drafting high for the last 60 years? Your high draft choice option has NEVER worked.

Yep and missing good players is certainly gonna make us better. Your strategy is full proof!

And fact is our best player or rhe last 50 years were all taken 1 or 2 overall