Lions at Falcons

TP_Fan

12 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Jags aren’t going to do their part but the silver lining is a Jets win almost locks in the #2 overall.

Not so fast, Jags make a goal line stand to hold the Jets to 3 and are now 2nd and goal with under 30 to play.

EDIT: 4th and goal from the 1.  The Jags had to spike away their 3rd down.

Edited by sagnam

1 hour ago, TP_Fan said:

Seattle is still out there trying.  Lose on the road next week, which locks up the 2 seed at worst and then beat the packers regardless if the packers are trying or not. 

I want Hutchinson more than Thibodeaux.   Maybe that's just Michigan bias, but I watched Oregon and Michigan and Hutchinson played his best in the biggest moments.   I did not see Thibodeaux doing that.  They say he was hurt, but did they say that to excuse lackluster play?    Without Thibodeaux Oregon has their biggest win.    For Michigan if they didn't have Hutch, they probably don't win their division. 

1 minute ago, Fox Wismic said:

Wow, does that ever sound odd, but it's probably true at this point.

That was a horrible INT. A high school QB will know not to force a throw on 1st down. Throw it away and you've got three more tries.

Goff has played really well the last few weeks (I won't count the Denver game, the whole team was a mess with flu/COVID).    I think part of it is that he connects with Campbell running the offense, using play action much more and he has a familiar receiver with Josh Reynolds and completely trusts St. Brown now.    Goff looks much more comfortable than he did the first 6-8 weeks. 

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Goff looks much more comfortable than he did the first 6-8 weeks. 

He played like he was shellshocked until the past few weeks. He wouldn't throw downfield and even hesitated on his 2-5 yard passes. Missed a few easy 4th & 1 guys who were wide open. I was at the GB game. I saw Swift open from my end zone seat at Lambeau. I yelled at him as soon as he let it go. I guess he didn't hear me 🙂

Now he's throwing downfield and doesn't seem to be nearly as scared of making a mistake. And it has blossomed with Campbell taking over the play calling and especially picking up Reynolds. We should've picked up Reynolds at the beginning of the season.

39 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Goff has played really well the last few weeks (I won't count the Denver game, the whole team was a mess with flu/COVID).    I think part of it is that he connects with Campbell running the offense, using play action much more and he has a familiar receiver with Josh Reynolds and completely trusts St. Brown now.    Goff looks much more comfortable than he did the first 6-8 weeks. 

Yes, he does look better. Maybe his injury had a lot to do with it? I'm glad he looks decent because, unless something changes, he'll be under center for us again next season. Drafting a QB that isn't highly rated could be a waste of a pick for a team with so many needs. Finding a good QB in this league is very difficult.

11 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yes, he does look better. Maybe his injury had a lot to do with it? I'm glad he looks decent because, unless something changes, he'll be under center for us again next season. Drafting a QB that isn't highly rated could be a waste of a pick for a team with so many needs. Finding a good QB in this league is very difficult.

You don't always have to draft one.    There are some backups that could be ready to be a starter somewhere.  Huntley in Baltimore looked pretty good.......we need to see more of him. 

5 hours ago, sagnam said:

So unless the Lions win out they are picking 2nd.  Not too bad.  Jags have Patriots and Colts, there is no chance they win either of those.

Sure there is. Same way we might beat GB. THe opponent might sit everyone

Edited by KL2

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You don't always have to draft one.    There are some backups that could be ready to be a starter somewhere.  Huntley in Baltimore looked pretty good.......we need to see more of him. 

Huntley is the new Mike White and Mike White was the new Garner Minshew and Garner Minshew was the new Brock Osweiler and Brock Osweiler was the new Matt Flynn and Matt Flynn was the new Jeff Garcia and Jeff Garcia was the new Gus Ferotte and Gus Ferotte was the new Scott Mitchell and Scott Mitchell was the new Rodney Pete.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Huntley is the new Mike White and Mike White was the new Garner Minshew and Garner Minshew was the new Brock Osweiler and Brock Osweiler was the new Matt Flynn and Matt Flynn was the new Jeff Garcia and Jeff Garcia was the new Gus Ferotte and Gus Ferotte was the new Scott Mitchell and Scott Mitchell was the new Rodney Pete.

Haha yep, very rarely do backup qbs that show a little promise in a small sample size end up translating that to a different team as a starter.

Matt Schaub comes to mind as he had some solid seasons in Houston and led them to the playoffs multiple times after looking promising in limited action as a backup to Vick in Atlanta but he's the exception. 

8 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

a month ago you wanted to trade multiple draft picks for mike white.

backup qbs are a helluva drug, tater.  dont do drugs.

23 hours ago, TP_Fan said:

These ones with the falcons always seem to end at the last second.  The last 3 meetings I believe that’s what happened. Last year was the Gurley TD that led to a stafford comeback.

Looks like it’s Boyle today.  A loss and a jags win over the jets and we are right back in the drivers seat for the first overall pick.  Although, 2 isn’t a bad position either.  I like the culture that is being built, let’s find that happy medium  where the last 3 games are obvious signs of progress while maintaining a top 2 pick.  

Yep and Yep.

Ideal loss. Competitive and now only need to lose one more to clinch top 2.

Another close game against a superior team, on the road, with a pretty decent performance from the trash heap backup QB, and an average running game from the no name running back crew.

I'm definitely coming around big time on Dan Campbell as the answer at head coach.  He clearly has the skills (and the personality, duh) to make it in this league.

Get this man some actual talent and lets see what he can do.

• Like 1