Green Bay at Lions, FOX 1:00pm

RedRamage

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Given there aren't any great QB prospects this year, I think Goff earned another year to prove if he can be the future QB. 

He seemed to look better when some weapons emerged. Having a QB to manage the game with no turnovers would work if we build a solid defense. We can do it much faster than most people realize.

4 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Every win for the last 60+ years has been meaningless. Should they just go into every season trying to lose every game? We could have first overall picks at every position. 

No. But when you're 2-13-1 what comes from winning?

Does it get you into the playoffs? no.

Does some mythical winning feeling carry over? no. 

Does it give young players a taste of winning? did the other two wins do that?

Does it help the coach keep his job? nop

Do you hanve a banner with three wins instead of two? no.

Go ahead point out a good reason to win in a 2-13-1 season the last week other than well I liked it. I like choclate ice cream too but if you tell me to skip it one week so I get Kathrerine Mcphee to spend the night. Goodbye chocolate ice cream. 

Edited by KL2

2 minutes ago, KL2 said:

Go ahead point out a good reason to win in a 2-13-1 season the last week other than well I liked it. I like choclate ice cream too but if you tell me to skip it one week so I get Kathrerine Mcphee to spend the night. Goodbye chocolate ice cream. 

The only problem with your analogy is there is no Katherine Mcphee. We're talking the difference between picking 1 or 2 when there is no clear number 1. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KL2 said:

Throw a game to pick 1 instead of 2? In this year's draft? Why

1 minute ago, buddha said:

lol.  jared goff has been complete garbage all season, but he plays a couple of good games down the stretch and now he's the answer.  lol.

goff is who he is.  and its not good.

Except he's done it before over the course of a full season multiple times and he's not exactly old. It's kind of like the situation with the Dolphins. They cut Tannehill in favor of Tua and Tannehill has played in an AFC Championship game and has the top seed in the AFC. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Except he's done it before over the course of a full season multiple times and he's not exactly old. It's kind of like the situation with the Dolphins. They cut Tannehill in favor of Tua and Tannehill has played in an AFC Championship game and has the top seed in the AFC. 

he hasnt done it in years.

for every example you cite about someone cutting an older qb for a younger pick there is an opposite example like mahomes or wilson.  

its fine to roll with goff next year because the lions arent likely to be very good anyway.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

he hasnt done it in years.

for every example you cite about someone cutting an older qb for a younger pick there is an opposite example like mahomes or wilson.  

its fine to roll with goff next year because the lions arent likely to be very good anyway.

There's also Matthew Stafford who was worse than Goff at this point in his career. The point is, Goff has earned the opportunity to prove if he can be the future QB next season based on his performance the 2nd half of this season and his career and not because of his contract or what the Lions roster looks like next year. If you already determined he isn't the QB, then you better draft one this year because you will need to make a decision on his contract at the end of next season 

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

There's also Matthew Stafford who was worse than Goff at this point in his career. The point is, Goff has earned the opportunity to prove if he can be the future QB next season based on his performance the 2nd half of this season and his career and not because of his contract or what the Lions roster looks like next year. If you already determined he isn't the QB, then you better draft one this year because you will need to make a decision on his contract at the end of next season 

or you could trade for a qb or sign one, i guess.

goff hasnt "earned" anything this year.  he is adequate on his best day and he has a big contract that prevents him from being cut after this season.  

i dont know enough about scouting to know whether they should take a qb this year, but if they like a howell or a willis then they should do it with the rams pick.

goff cant throw downfield and has no pocket presence and cant run.  i really dont think he's anything more than a backup in today's nfl.

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

or you could trade for a qb or sign one, i guess.

goff hasnt "earned" anything this year.  he is adequate on his best day and he has a big contract that prevents him from being cut after this season.  

i dont know enough about scouting to know whether they should take a qb this year, but if they like a howell or a willis then they should do it with the rams pick.

goff cant throw downfield and has no pocket presence and cant run.  i really dont think he's anything more than a backup in today's nfl.

Watson, Rodgers, Wilson could all be available via trade so you might as well trade now if you're going that route. Otherwise, you are probably looking at the likes of Mayfield, Tua or Carr.  Garoppolo will be a free agent by the end of next year. Not sure any are better than Goff. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Watson, Rodgers, Wilson could all be available via trade so you might as well trade now if you're going that route. Otherwise, you are probably looking at the likes of Mayfield, Tua or Carr.  Garoppolo will be a free agent by the end of next year. Not sure any are better than Goff. 

i would trade the rams picks for deshaun watson if he would just hurry up and pay off his extortioners.  of course, so would other teams who would beat any offer the lions could make.

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

This. I thought the plan was 2 years of Goff and move on. Either thru the draft (best), expensive FA signing. Or give up draft capital in a trade for one. I would prefer the draft.

i envision the lions giving up their own first rounder, the rams first rounder, and a future first rounder to trade up next year.