Green Bay at Lions, FOX 1:00pm

RedRamage

I still think that he may have been hurt the first half of the year or atleast after the GB game in week 2. While he didn't look great those first 2 weeks he was atleast throwing the ball down the field and made a few plus throws, unfortunately he just turned it over too much, but from about week 3 till he eventually missed time due to the injury he just looked horrible. Like he was afraid to throw the ball more than 10 yards cause he physically couldn't.  His last 5 or 6 games were really good and more of the type of QB that everybody hoped he would be when he was acquired. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

If the Chargers-Raiders tie, both teams would make the playoffs. So they should just sit on the ball and tie. 0-0, right? Same as losing on purpose.

This would be great for the Lions.  They would move up draft spots in the later rounds when the NFL takes away multiple picks from both teams for making a mockery of the game.  

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This would be great for the Lions.  They would move up draft spots in the later rounds when the NFL takes away multiple picks from both teams for making a mockery of the game.  

Is there some sort of rule they can't kneel down? Maybe they should make a mockery since the NFL expanded the season to 17 games and the playoffs to 7 teams. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Is there some sort of rule they can't kneel down? Maybe they should make a mockery since the NFL expanded the season to 17 games and the playoffs to 7 teams. 

well, you could just punt on 1st down each time you got past the 50. 🤔

Edited by gehringer_2

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Given there aren't any great QB prospects this year, I think Goff earned another year to prove if he can be the future QB. 

Even if there was a great QB prospect I'd like to see a rookie get a year to sit and develop as is. So I'm all for keeping Goff for next year. He was a train wreck to start the year, but bounced back once Anthony Lynn lost playcalling duties and once he found his confidence again.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I seem to recall a lot of people felt Aaron Rodgers was the next Joey Harrington which was why he slid down the draft board. Point is, the Packers took a risk and drafted a QB when they had an established hall of famer on the roster. 

Because it worked once has zero influence on if it will work again. It was a bad decision. Love sucks.  

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Given there aren't any great QB prospects this year, I think Goff earned another year to prove if he can be the future QB. 

he has not earned another year but he will be given another year because of his contract, which was likely always the plan since they moved his money around at the beginning of the year.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

he has not earned another year but he will be given another year because of his contract, which was likely always the plan since they moved his money around at the beginning of the year.

He's played well the second half of the season, and given his history of putting up multiple seasons of that kind of output, age, and pedigree as a #1 overall pick he has earned another chance to prove himself. 

Goff was getting another year no matter what happened this year  The problem the Lions have is that they are going to take 2 or 3 years to figure out what most people already know...you are up against it if Goff your #1 quarterback.  Almost everything else will have to fall in place perfectly to win a Super Bowl.  And then they will be scrambling to find their next quarterback once they realize this.  

20 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Missed the game today but watched highlights. Campbell was responsible for some of the most exciting and effective play calling that we've ever seen as Lions fans. Do we really want him to give it up?

I'm onboard with Campbell call plays next year.

They damn near won that Atlanta game with Boyle as QB.

21 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Missed the game today but watched highlights. Campbell was responsible for some of the most exciting and effective play calling that we've ever seen as Lions fans. Do we really want him to give it up?

And then there's this.

I've seen a lot of bad football over the years, but rarely do you see the buy-in that these guys continually convey with respect to Campbell