Baseball Cards

Tenacious D

On 1/11/2022 at 6:47 PM, Jim Cowan said:

Tony Fernandez, so brilliant, an MVP candidate during his mid-1980's peak years.  And then at the ages of 36 and 37 he produced his two finest offensive seasons.

Not hall of fame, but hall of he made your team better than a lot of other options would.

So does anyone know much about getting cards graded? A few years back when I was going through my parents’ basement, I found this in a case with a bunch of other cards. It might not be mint (some very small “white” in the corners), but it might be close. It sat in that case for a good 25-ish years. I stopped collecting cards right around this time. 

https://www.onlinegambling.com/news/collectors-proclaim-690k-sale-of-derek-jeter-sp-rookie-card-a-bargain/amp/

19C84FA5-AE25-4DDF-BB65-E88342D3C085.jpeg

Some friends came by tonight and their middle school aged son was talking about his new adventure into sports cards. After a while I ventured upstairs and grabbed my last remaining box of cards (I purged and sold most of my collection about ten years ago). I started showing him what I kept....my expansive Lou Whitaker collection (literally every card ever produced, including those that I know of with only overseas distribution), the Jordan rookie, multiple Griffey '89 UD, Kaline rookie, Gretsky rookie, Shaq rookies, Jeter, Bonds, all the autographs, the jersey/bat cards, etc.

Then, toward the end, I find this. I honestly completely forgot I pulled this in a random pack a few years ago, particularly since I've generally stopped collecting the last ten years. Turns out it's actually selling for some decent coin...

PXL_20220116_040304620.jpg

11 hours ago, microline133 said:

Some friends came by tonight and their middle school aged son was talking about his new adventure into sports cards. After a while I ventured upstairs and grabbed my last remaining box of cards (I purged and sold most of my collection about ten years ago). I started showing him what I kept....my expansive Lou Whitaker collection (literally every card ever produced, including those that I know of with only overseas distribution), the Jordan rookie, multiple Griffey '89 UD, Kaline rookie, Gretsky rookie, Shaq rookies, Jeter, Bonds, all the autographs, the jersey/bat cards, etc.

Then, toward the end, I find this. I honestly completely forgot I pulled this in a random pack a few years ago, particularly since I've generally stopped collecting the last ten years. Turns out it's actually selling for some decent coin...

PXL_20220116_040304620.jpg

That’s a great card—I’d like to add Hank to my collection at some point.