Who do you want to replace Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL?

AlaskanTigersFan

Who do you want to replace Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. If Harbaugh goes to the NFL, who do you want to replace him.......?

• Matt Cambell
    • Matt Rhule
    • Josh Gattis
    • Mike Macdonald
    • Mike Hart
    • Other (Please specify in comments)

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I think this is Donna Shalaylah's Miami not Stephen Ross' Miami.

yeah - it seemed natural since jobs are open at the Fish as well. But as Cardinal says, it's almost worst this way. It seems to say that despite what Harbaugh says, his assistants don't see him as stable place to cast anchor.

Edited by gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

im concerned they'll lose recruits, not that concerned over losing gattis.  i think the offense this year was more harbaugh than "speed in space."  they went back to a lot more power running this year.

and yet while that focus did finally give them some offensive identity, I question that it can consistently defeat the better teams in college football. You're basically going with the Barry Alvarez model and the limitations of that model have been clear for a long time.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

and yet while that focus did finally give them some offensive identity, I question that it can consistently defeat the better teams in college football. You're basically going with the Barry Alvarez model and the limitations of that model have been clear for a long time.

JJ McCarthey is the QB they need to win a National Championship.  Now, getting him the other pieces including staff support will be the question. 

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

that was the best offense michigan had since brady/thomas/terrell.  they rolled over ohio state and everyone else they played until they met a generational defense.  dont let that georgia game fool you, michigan's offense was very good this year.

14 minutes ago, buddha said:

that was the best offense michigan had since brady/thomas/terrell.  they rolled over ohio state and everyone else they played until they met a generational defense.  dont let that georgia game fool you, michigan's offense was very good this year.

They started out with some red zone issues but they eventually got to the point where they were playing 4 dimensional chess with their opponents. 

Just now, buddha said:

if you come out with a quote like that about your bosses, you better be squeaky clean.  because michigan's pr machine isnt going to take something like that lying down.

Michigan's PR machine probably doesn't have a lot of room to speak when it comes to some of the events discovered in recent weeks.    

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Michigan's PR machine probably doesn't have a lot of room to speak when it comes to some of the events discovered in recent weeks.    

so maybe they didnt want a guy who was out fucking kids moms to be head coach?

that sounds like something the moral police would be in favor of?  no?  

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

They kept that secret under wraps for a while.  I never had wind of it.  I'm not especially plugged in.  The guy I talk to at work who is sorta plugged into the scene there (more on MBB side) will have a story to tell.  However, this guy was talking up Gattis on Friday before all this came down. 

1 minute ago, buddha said:

Maybe getting in a PR battle over inappropriate sexual misconduct isn't the best move for Michigan after - the Dr. Anderson fiasco (I believe Bo's step son 100%), after the Schlissel situation, other recent sex scandals involving professors, a brewing scandal with their hockey team........just saying that it's probably best to just let it go.  If Josh wants to shade Michigan, let him go, he'll wind up burying himself.     With all that has been going on at Michigan, maybe Josh thought the best way to be a power player was to be like the rest of 'em.    Michigan is a disaster on so many levels right now.   Best to just stay quiet. 

Michigan loved it when there were only 3 local TV stations and 3 local papers and they could stop any bad story from getting out with the threat of taking access away.    Can't do that these days.    Makes you wonder just how long that place has been a toxic cesspool.    Well, at least since the Mid-70s.    These institutions simply have too much power and think they can't be touched, and until very recently was true.