Who do you want to replace Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL?

AlaskanTigersFan

Who do you want to replace Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. If Harbaugh goes to the NFL, who do you want to replace him.......?

• Matt Cambell
    • Matt Rhule
    • Josh Gattis
    • Mike Macdonald
    • Mike Hart
    • Other (Please specify in comments)

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think that if there is more to the story (as the smoke appears to indicate) that there is a way to both fire back at Gattis while being PC. 

Even a one or two sentence statement that there is an ongoing investigation would suffice. Twitter will do the story-telling for you.

Getting tight with the parents is a crucial part of recruiting.   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

Slightly off subject but Valenti was talking about the idea of Urban landing at Auburn.   How perfect of a fit would that be.   He could do whatever slimy, shady shit he wanted and they would happily support and encourage it.   

They made me laugh the other day when someone (jokingly) brought up the notion of Urban taking the OC job at Michigan.

Can you even imagine the pandemonium both in Ann Arbor and Columbus? LOL.

23 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Freep: Retired radio host Frank Beckmann in hospice care, family says

Sad to see former Michigan play-by-play man Frank Beckman is in hospice care and only has days to live it appears. Frank was a voice I grew up on for many years listening to Michigan football games on WJR. Thoughts to his family.

His “Sportswrap” on WJR in the early 80s was the very first sports talk show I was able to listen to. I believe it was an hour a night 5 nights per week. Very rare back then. 

Edited by lordstanley
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

His “Sportswrap” on WJR in the early 80s was the very first sports talk show I was able to listen to. I believe it was an hour a night 5 nights per week. Very rare back then. 

Frank was a pioneer and boundary pusher when it came to sports talk radio. Sportswrap a little bit before my time. I remember growing up on the original WDFN. But without the work Frank did getting full on sports talk shows on the radio, does a station like WDFN flip to all sports as early as they did in 1994?

31 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Frank did a good job for a long time with Detroit teams, but he lost me when he started doing UM games. I never cared for the way he ingratiated himself into a tradition he had actually never been a part of, and then later he went off the deep end as conservative political commentator, so not to speak ill of the almost dead, but he was pretty tarnished to me by the end. 

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Frank did a good job for a long time with Detroit teams, but he lost me when he started doing UM games. I never cared for the way he ingratiated himself into a tradition he had actually never been a part of, and then later he went off the deep end as conservative political commentator, so not to speak ill of the almost dead, but he was pretty tarnished to me by the end. 

My prime WJR listening years were 1975-1985 and it was a great radio station back then. 95% non-syndicated local content. JP McCarthy for morning drive time and then a serious noontime Focus show, Warren Pearce and Jimmy Launce late mornings or afternoons, Paul Carey with about 10 minutes of sports at 11:15 including high school scores during the Tigers’ offseason, Jay Robert’s all night with Night Flight 76. 

7 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

My prime WJR listening years were 1975-1985 and it was a great radio station back then. 95% non-syndicated local content. JP McCarthy for morning drive time and then a serious noontime Focus show, Warren Pearce and Jimmy Launce late mornings or afternoons, Paul Carey with about 10 minutes of sports at 11:15 including high school scores during the Tigers’ offseason, Jay Robert’s all night with Night Flight 76. 

yup. 'JR was listenable pretty much 24 hrs a day if you happened to be somewhere with something else to be doing at the same time. The only connection left that I know of left to those days is that Mike Whorf's son Peter is now on air at WRCJ.